Road Traffic Signs

  • Neil Gaunt
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 26, 2003
      Hi All,

      I am working on some Z scale road signs for use on my own layout (British
      outline). Would there be any interest either from British/European
      modellers,
      or those across the pond for US road signs? As Britain is in the EEC, some
      of our signs should be usable by European modellers (maybe!).

      As a brief description, they will be etched on 0.02 inch (0.5 mm) brass,
      with the post full thickness, and the sign area in half etch (thus the sigh
      will be 0.01 inch (0.25 mm) thick. The post will have a half-inch 'tail'
      which will go into a hole drilled in the baseboard.

      The intention is that the metal parts will be painted medium grey by the
      user,
      then water-slide transfers will be included for a variety of signs (e.g.
      STOP,
      speed limit, GIVE WAY, etc).

      In view of the request for road vehicles in a recent poll, these would seem
      logical extension.

      Some feedback would be appreciated!

      Neil Gaunt
      -------------------------------
      Aircraft In Miniature Limited
      -------------------------------
      Postal Address:
      19 Watling Street
      Nuneaton
      Warwickshire
      CV11 6 JJ
      England

      Telephone (voice & fax) +44 (0) 24 7637 5737

      Web Site: www.aim72.co.uk

      Manufacturers of:
      Transport Wings Kits
      Rug Rat Resins Kits