Re: Fw: z_scale list celebrates its 2nd day!

  • Lawrence L. Smith
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 30, 1999
      Hello to Everyone on the Z scale list,

      I'm a Z and N scale modeler from northwestern Pennsylvania. There
      aren't any Z scale modelers in this area that I'm aware of (email me if you
      are) and this is my first day on the list also.

      I have a small Z scale layout that is 24" x 32" and is about half complete.
      I have mostly Micro-Trains equipment and a few Marklin pieces. I'm in the
      process of drawning up some American structure patterns to use for creating
      some American type railroad buildings to go with the European ones that I
      have.
      I draw these up in a CAD program that I have to full scale and then print
      out
      scaled versions in N or Z scale.

      I have work experience in designing molds for the die-cast and plastic
      injection
      mold industries, from medical products to electrical connectors that are in
      every
      computer, and I have been lucky to have had the opportunity to even design a
      mold for an N scale caboose cupola that I did on a freelance basis for a
      very
      well known manufactuer in the N scale business. Alot of detail is required
      for any
      diecast or injection mold and I certainly appreciate all that is available
      on the
      market, I just wish I could afford more!!

      I look forward to any helpful hints that I can learn and hopefully be able
      to offer
      a few of my own as well.

      Larry

      lsmith@...
      nzdrawn@...

      ----------
      > From: Lindy9113@...
      >
      > This is my first day on the Z list and I have really enjoyed it. Great to
      > know there are more Z modelers out ther besides me and BJ .
      >
      > Dave
      > in KAnsas
    • Steve Thomas
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 30, 1999
        Dear Jeff -

        You are one country out of date :-) I joined 29/6. Cheers

        Steve
        Oxfordshire
        UK

        "To be free, to be who you are"