Track Questions

  • George MacDonald
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 30, 2003
      I know that I am getting ahead of myself as my starter set hasn't arrived
      yet but I have been looking at track on ebay and have come up with
      several pieces that I can't figure out what they are. Is there
      someplace on the net that shows the different pieces of track and tells
      what they are? Also what is a 8993, an 8588, an 8589, and a 8590.

      Thanks for the infomation.

      George
      --
      George MacDonald <GHMacDonald-z@...>
    • Glen Chenier
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 30, 2003
        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, George MacDonald <ghmacdonald-z@s...>
        wrote:
        Also what is a 8993, an 8588, an 8589, and a 8590.

        You'd think Marklin's website, but...

        8590 is a straight electrical feeder track 110mm. Can't help with
        the rest...

        Try this

        http://www.elmassian.com/marklin%20track%20part%20nos.htm
      • +Bearw
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 30, 2003
          8993 is a set of three track sections for reverse loops. Basically normal
          110 mm track sections cut in the middle with current rectifier diodes added.

          8588 Is a section where one track is cut in the middle. Useful for automatic
          train control with signals for instance.

          8589 is a straight track section to detect a passing train.

          8590 is a straight feeder track.

          There is one publication that any z-head should not be without; the annual
          Marklin catalog. It has all the dimensions of various track sections and
          other stuff that makes a z-addict to drool.

          Cheers,

          Tapani T
          trains@...

        • Mark Harrison
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 1, 2003
            Here are two references I use quite often:

            http://www.modellbahnott.com/marklinhomepage/ourprices/
            <http://www.modellbahnott.com/marklinhomepage/ourprices/>

            http://www.z-world.com/lookup.html <http://www.z-world.com/lookup.html>

            And I agree, purchase a Marklin catalog!

            :-)

            - Mark

            I know that I am getting ahead of myself as my starter set hasn't arrived
            yet but I have been looking at track on ebay and have come up with
            several pieces that I can't figure out what they are. Is there
            someplace on the net that shows the different pieces of track and tells
            what they are? Also what is a 8993, an 8588, an 8589, and a 8590.

            Thanks for the infomation.

            George
            --
            George MacDonald <GHMacDonald-z@...>

            http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
            <http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511>
            http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/4O6tlB/TM
            <http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/4O6tlB/TM>
          • Greg Elmassian
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 1, 2003
              8993 seems to ba a reverse loop kit with 3 110mm straights..
              8588 is a straight isolating track, 55mm
              8589 is 55 mm straight circuit track (used to trigger things from motion in
              one direction)

              By the way, found all of this with a google search with just marklin and the
              part number..
              (about 4 seconds each search)

              Greg