Re: [z_scale] Re: RAILBUS AND DRAWBAR

  • sutfin
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 30, 2003
      Eric and Jeff,

      Why not just use the styrene??? I haven't installed a drawbar on a
      railbus, but have done so with a couple of MT F7s. Just paint the
      styrene black and you should be all set.

      Eric, Ztrack issue #19, June 1993 has an article and dimensions for the
      F7 drawbar on page 5. While you're at it, it might be a good idea to add
      a couple of fine wires between the two and give yourself added pickup
      from the trailer. Hopefully it will provide for smoother operation.

      Good Luck,

      Terry
      PVDC
    • Robert Allbritton
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 30, 2003
        Manfred Jorger makes Z scale drawbars in brass. I use them on 6 coach push
        pull sets with great results. Check him out at:
        http://www.system-joerger.de/index_e.html

        Best,
        -Rob

        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 30, 2003
          --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "rohirrim98236" <rohirrim@w...> wrote:
          > I'd like to replace the Marklin couplers on my railbus and trailer
          > set with a drawbar.

          Did similar to a Class 89 locomotive and wagon using double sided
          printed circuit board for the electrical connections. Spaced the
          coupler pin holes on 10mm centers. Runs fine in reverse. This may
          work for your railbus, but you may need to add some weight to the
          trailer.

          Next time will shape the drawbar to match a scanned and printed image
          of mated couplers and glue the image on the top of the drawbar to
          improve the appearance.

          See the photos in the album 'Glen's Gizmos'