(no subject)

  • Dale Halterman
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 5, 2000
      I am working on plans for German prototype railway The size is going to
      be 40 in. wide and 8 ft. long. I have been debating about the type of
      roadbed to use. I found the recent inquiry about Homosote interesting.
      Since the layout will be in a basement in the midwest it will be
      subjected to considerable moisture in the summer even though we have a
      dehumidifirer. Will painting the Homosote be sufficient to stop
      expantion?
      I would also like to hear from anyone with experience using AMI roadbed.
      It looks like it would be a fast way to lay and ballast track, however I
      was not inpressed with the looks of a sample I saw at Bob's booth at a
      train show. Perhaps the fact it had been piked up and handeled many
      times had something to do with it.
      In Ed's reply he mentioned Repubic handlaid switches. I have not heard
      of them and would like some information. Dale Halterman