Re: [z_scale] Banner ads in postings

  • Garth A. Hamilton - VE3HO
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 4, 2000
      At 01:43 AM 09/04/2000 -0400, Bill Kronenberger wrote:

      >Alternative: move to another free list service. Just a thought.
      >
      >I would hate to send $5 to all the lists I belong to.

      I think it just takes a little effort on our parts to lessen the impact of these ads to the minimum. If you turn of the HTML in your mail and set your preferences to text only the impact is minimized considerably.

      I see only text advertising and no flashy HTML stuff at the beginning of my e-mail because I set E-groups to text only output to me. I get about 5 to 6 lines of text at the beginning of each message which I skip over to get to the message and then when I reply to a message I edit the trash and other non essential parts out. If we all take time to do this I think you will find the situation quite tolerable. The cost may be 60.00 at present to get rid of the banner ads but there is no guarantee that will not increase over time.

      Garth