RE: Vacation is over, back to Z!

  • Anders Lattermann
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 24, 1999
      > If Marklin made wheel sets that were
      > black instead of the shiny metal they use, I would then convert the
      > Marklin cars I do have and run them also.

      I switched wheels on the Marklin transformator car from plastic (black) to
      metal ones and it didn't look good since there are black dummy wheels in the
      boggie also, so I just painted the sides of the wheels black with a
      permanent marker pen.

      > and one Westmodel Hudson (4-6-4). There are 4 8805s that share
      > switching duties in the yards.

      If you didn't know that already, there is a replacement shell for the 8800
      locos (might fit the 8805) that converts it to an american prototype.

      /Anders Lattermann
    • Ole Rosted
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 24, 1999
        On Tue, 24 Aug 1999 14:38:47 +0200, you wrote:

        Anders wrote:

        >If you didn't know that already, there is a replacement shell for the 8800
        >locos (might fit the 8805) that converts it to an american prototype.

        None of these are in my 1998/99 M Complete catalogue.
        Nor is the 8864 - which I was told is a red steam locomotive of some
        kind. What does the 8864 look like? Has it any close relatives in the
        mentioned catalogue?

        regards Ole Rosted, Denmark
      • Anders Lattermann
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 24, 1999
          > >If you didn't know that already, there is a replacement shell
          > for the 8800
          > >locos (might fit the 8805) that converts it to an american prototype.
          > None of these are in my 1998/99 M Complete catalogue.

          The replacement shell was (is - don't know if it's still in manufacturing)
          not made my M but another company whos name I don't remember.

          > Nor is the 8864 - which I was told is a red steam locomotive of some
          > kind. What does the 8864 look like? Has it any close relatives in the
          > mentioned catalogue?

          Is out of production since many years. You can find it under diesels on this
          site: http://titan.glo.be/~pr002441/

          /Anders