Seeking Info on a Rare Z Loco

  • willypinhead
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2003
      "Z"ello to All,

      Can anyone please give me info on a rare Denmark electric loco :
      DSB Litra EA 3002,color-all black with red faces on both ends of the
      body,white lettering "DSB".Iam not sure if this loco is from Marklin
      (unknown cat.#).Iam looking for the make,year,cat. number,motor(3 or
      5 pole) and pics if all possible.I've tried looking already but only
      came up with live photos of other DSB series.I thank you for all who
      replies!!!

      Take care,stay safe!!

      Z out!!!

      Willy P,NYC
    • Manfred Geister
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 1, 2003
        Dear Willy!

        The loco you are searching for, was never built by Marklin. It is the
        recolored version of a SBB-class 460. Here is the link to the company
        offering this loco:

        http://www.mikkelsen.ch/

        There homepage is available in english, german and danish.

        Hope, this information will help you.

        Yours,
        Manfred (Austria, Europe)

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 1, 2003
          --- "willypinhead" <willypinhead@y...> wrote:
          > The pics are poor.The seller really doesn't know about the
          loco.But
          > I was told by him it's a "DSB Litra EA #3002-Niels Bohr-brand new".

          In the photo on eBay the writing on the box shows the model comes
          from Mikkelsen and the sellers comment is "It is new, made by
          Mikkelsen International". Their website shows a DSB 3001 priced at
          269 EUR. You paid 299 USD - about right. Here's a picture of the
          prototype:

          http://mercurio.iet.unipi.it/pix/dk/electric/EA/dsb3002.jpg

          What more do you want to know? Jeremy.