Recent Activities

  • Yuji Kuwabara
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1 9:46 PM
      Hello,

      Some people sighed for the price of C44-9W.
      Note that the 4400hp locomotive can replace almost 3 of
      1500hp F7s. So the price may be appropriate.
      As far as I know, the only appropriate load currently
      available is PZ's hopper car. It may be good timing for
      both companies.

      Here are my recent new experiences in my frugal life.

      1. Grandt Line 0.01" styrene rod
      I happened to find it in Walthers catalog.
      It is realy styrene and 0.01". I felt good to use it.
      I think it is useful for Z scale such as handrails and pipings.

      2. Precision Square
      I purchased my first precision square.
      It is rather expensive but I found it is worth its price.

      3. Light Sander
      I found that my filing skill never progress.
      I happened to find the NWSL "True Sander" in Walthers catalog too.
      To check its effectiveness, I built my own "Light Sander"
      using scrap acrylic pieces in hand. I made square guide
      using that precision square. I found that removing unnecessary
      parameters (moves) is important for good result. I will continue
      to use my sander as long as it keeps its precision.

      4. Large Scale Models
      When I visited local hobby shop after a long blank,
      I noticed increaing ratio of large scale models.
      I first saw USA Trains GPs and SDs. They were very impressive.
      But do they run in Japanese small houses?

      Regards.

      Yuji Kuwabara