F45?

  • Mr. W
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 31, 2003
      Hi everyone,
      I just had a bit of a late night moment of inspiration. It may be
      possible for me to come up with a "relatively" easy way to kit-bash a
      mechanism for an F45, using MTL F7s as a starting point. That, coupled
      with a RP shell and trucks, and I could have such a locomotive on the
      tracks. If I were to push forward with such a thing, is there anyone
      else who would be interested in buy RP shells and trucks from me, along
      with instructions on kit-bashing the mechanism?

      Mr. W
    • dpstripe@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 31, 2003
        In a message dated 10/31/03 4:26:40 AM Eastern Standard Time,
        TrainRunner@... writes:

        > If I were to push forward with such a thing, is there anyone
        > else who would be interested in buy RP shells and trucks from me, along
        > with instructions on kit-bashing the mechanism?

        I would.
        Dan S.

      • Mr. W
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 4 3:49 AM
          Hi Corey,
          RP is short for 'rapid prototyped'. I have various contacts in
          industry that allow me to get short run, rapid prototyped parts for
          relatively little money. I'm currently considering starting a business
          on the side for, if you will, a 'production on demand' model railroad
          company. I'll be able to produce special products. Here's the address
          for my website at the moment:

          http://users.myexcel.com/geoffw/trainrunner/

          Unfortunately, I don't have the equipment to produce chassis. I can
          design them, but I cannot manufacture them.

          Mr. W