Re: [z_scale] How is HomaBed?

  • Ed Scullin
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2000
      Andy I have about 200 feet of Homabed Z scale roadbed down and it is
      fine. I think it looks and sounds better than the IBL cork. Only
      problem is the time it takes to put down. I ran a bead of wood glue and
      then tacked the bed in place and then weighted it to get it to stay
      flat. First step though is to paint the bottom of the roadbed to keep
      moisture out. Forunatly I live in the desert, so I don't not have a
      good handle on how it would be in a damp climate. After the road bed is
      down and dried, paint the upper surfaces again to keep moisture out.
      Then install your track as you normally would.
      They do not make (at this time) switch or crossover sections. I
      supplied Scott Grubbs samples of each, inclucing Republics hand lay
      switches, so he has the sizes, its a matter of getting the proper
      machinery to cut and bevel them.
      Did you get the last Email that Scott sent out about two weeks ago? If
      you want I could forward it to you.
      Ed Scullin