RE: [z_scale] capacitor for Marklin #8590

  • Robert Allbritton
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 27, 2000
      Andy,

      I have never put a capacitor on any of my feeder tracks (they are all hand
      made with wires soldered to the underside of the rail - I like the way it
      looks much better)

      I believe the capacitor probably has something to do with RF (radio
      frequency) interference problems, so Marklin probably puts them in to comply
      with government regulations. Unless you have an FCC inspector living next
      door to you, I do not think it will matter.

      Anyone else have a different read on it? (like maybe all of my locomotives
      will explode from some rogue electrical wave the capacitor would have
      prevented? <grin>)

      Best,
      -Rob
      www.z220.com