Re: Marklin Starter Set

  • Yuji Kuwabara
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 1, 2003
      Hello Elizabeth,

      > the Chessie set , you could only buy as loco+ caboose
      > +the three boxcars

      Yes, I have two sets.

      > Milwaukee F7 and loco were only available as the pair,
      > so I am sue that Yuji has an extra Milwaukee caboose that he didn`t
      > want
      > when he bought the second Milwaukee F7 that he needed

      You are right. I purchased two sets.

      > The Santa Fe and
      > Southern Pacific F7s (along with the Burlington Northern) were sold in
      > those
      > infamous sets each with two boxcars a gondola and a cboose. There were
      > three
      > different boxcars among the three sets, two in each. If you wanted all
      > three
      > boxcars, then you had to purchase at least two of the sets, after the
      > sets
      > were discontinued, the three locomotives were available separately, the
      > three cabooses were available separately, and the three gondolas were
      > available separately, but the boxcars? They vanished from the
      > inventory
      > list. I only bought the one set at the time, now if I wanted to buy
      > the
      > third boxcar, it would probably cost as much for the one car as I
      > would have
      > paid for the entire set back then

      I'm still looking for 8001A (SP set).

      Regards.

      Yuji Kuwabara
    • Elizabeth Hayes
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 4, 2003
        did you buy both the ATSF and the Burlington Northern sets? if so you have
        all three of the boxcars and the missing gondola and caboose and
        locomotive you can still purchase separately so the only thing that you are
        missing is the box or more specifically the flap that has the set number
        printed on it

        >From: Yuji Kuwabara <HHG01200@...>
        >To: z_scale@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [z_scale] Re: Marklin Starter Set
        >Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 11:42:06 +0900
        >
        >Hello Elizabeth,
        >
        > > the Chessie set , you could only buy as loco+ caboose
        > > +the three boxcars
        >
        >Yes, I have two sets.
        >

        > > Milwaukee F7 and loco were only available as the pair,
        > > so I am sue that Yuji has an extra Milwaukee caboose that he didn`t
        > > want
        > > when he bought the second Milwaukee F7 that he needed
        >
        >You are right. I purchased two sets.
        >

        > > The Santa Fe and
        > > Southern Pacific F7s (along with the Burlington Northern) were sold in
        > > those
        > > infamous sets each with two boxcars a gondola and a cboose. There were
        > > three
        > > different boxcars among the three sets, two in each. If you wanted all
        > > three
        > > boxcars, then you had to purchase at least two of the sets, after the
        > > sets
        > > were discontinued, the three locomotives were available separately, the
        > > three cabooses were available separately, and the three gondolas were
        > > available separately, but the boxcars? They vanished from the
        > > inventory
        > > list. I only bought the one set at the time, now if I wanted to buy
        > > the
        > > third boxcar, it would probably cost as much for the one car as I
        > > would have
        > > paid for the entire set back then
        >
        >I'm still looking for 8001A (SP set).
        >

        > Regards.
        >
        > Yuji Kuwabara

        Share your photos without swamping your Inbox. Get Hotmail Extra Storage