Re: [z_scale] Re: Marklin Starter Set

  • ted_lamar@peoplesoft.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 1, 2003
      >> Please let me know if you have extra SP Steamers from this set. I
      >> will buy
      >> them for sure.

      >I'm sorry that doing this breaks my collection rule.
      >I hope Marklin re-consider their production policy,
      >and this Z-list has some influence on them.

      > Regards.

      > Yuji Kuwabara

      Thanks for your consideration, Yuji, and your timely response.

      Welcome to October!

    • Yuji Kuwabara
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 1, 2003
        Hello Elizabeth,

        > the Chessie set , you could only buy as loco+ caboose
        > +the three boxcars

        Yes, I have two sets.

        > Milwaukee F7 and loco were only available as the pair,
        > so I am sue that Yuji has an extra Milwaukee caboose that he didn`t
        > want
        > when he bought the second Milwaukee F7 that he needed

        You are right. I purchased two sets.

        > The Santa Fe and
        > Southern Pacific F7s (along with the Burlington Northern) were sold in
        > those
        > infamous sets each with two boxcars a gondola and a cboose. There were
        > three
        > different boxcars among the three sets, two in each. If you wanted all
        > three
        > boxcars, then you had to purchase at least two of the sets, after the
        > sets
        > were discontinued, the three locomotives were available separately, the
        > three cabooses were available separately, and the three gondolas were
        > available separately, but the boxcars? They vanished from the
        > inventory
        > list. I only bought the one set at the time, now if I wanted to buy
        > the
        > third boxcar, it would probably cost as much for the one car as I
        > would have
        > paid for the entire set back then

        I'm still looking for 8001A (SP set).

        Regards.

        Yuji Kuwabara
      • Elizabeth Hayes
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 4, 2003
          did you buy both the ATSF and the Burlington Northern sets? if so you have
          all three of the boxcars and the missing gondola and caboose and
          locomotive you can still purchase separately so the only thing that you are
          missing is the box or more specifically the flap that has the set number
          printed on it

          >From: Yuji Kuwabara <HHG01200@...>
          >To: z_scale@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: [z_scale] Re: Marklin Starter Set
          >Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 11:42:06 +0900
          >
          >Hello Elizabeth,
          >
          > > the Chessie set , you could only buy as loco+ caboose
          > > +the three boxcars
          >
          >Yes, I have two sets.
          >

          > > Milwaukee F7 and loco were only available as the pair,
          > > so I am sue that Yuji has an extra Milwaukee caboose that he didn`t
          > > want
          > > when he bought the second Milwaukee F7 that he needed
          >
          >You are right. I purchased two sets.
          >

          > > The Santa Fe and
          > > Southern Pacific F7s (along with the Burlington Northern) were sold in
          > > those
          > > infamous sets each with two boxcars a gondola and a cboose. There were
          > > three
          > > different boxcars among the three sets, two in each. If you wanted all
          > > three
          > > boxcars, then you had to purchase at least two of the sets, after the
          > > sets
          > > were discontinued, the three locomotives were available separately, the
          > > three cabooses were available separately, and the three gondolas were
          > > available separately, but the boxcars? They vanished from the
          > > inventory
          > > list. I only bought the one set at the time, now if I wanted to buy
          > > the
          > > third boxcar, it would probably cost as much for the one car as I
          > > would have
          > > paid for the entire set back then
          >
          >I'm still looking for 8001A (SP set).
          >

          > Regards.
          >
          > Yuji Kuwabara

          Share your photos without swamping your Inbox. Get Hotmail Extra Storage