Re: [z_scale] Listing of Z retailers

  • ted_lamar@peoplesoft.com
    Message 1 of 18 , Sep 29, 2003
      To me - there is BIG, make that HUGE, difference in shops that have Z scale
      IN STOCK, as opposed to "able to get it". SO, I want to know about the
      ones that have stuff on SHELVES or in CASES!!!

      We are setting up a data base of shops where you can purchase Z scale model
      railroad equipment.

      "To do this, we require your help. Please let us know what kind of info
      you'd like to know about the shop(s),

      This is the preliminary stage. At a later date we will be asking you for
      the
      names of retailers to be placed into the data base.

      This is intended to be an international list, from A to Z.

      TIA

      Harvey
    • joel
      Message 2 of 18 , Sep 29, 2003
        Harvey Freedman <aitcheff@...> wrote:We are setting up a data base of shops where you can purchase Z scale model
        railroad equipment.

        Hi Harvey. I live in a small city 55 minutes away from Toronto (Canada) My retailer has lots of track but anytime he receives starter kits and rolling stock, it's presold or takes months to get. A good retailer who stocks z would have not just Marklin but MTL too. I would also hope he has Faller and Kibri, kits. I think that more retailers would have z stuff it they could order it, get it delivered in two weeks and turn it over. I don't mind ordering something and prepaying for it, but I'd like to see it in a couple of weeks, not three months. Maybe Marklin should have a Canadian warehouse!
        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      • ronparkuk
        Message 3 of 18 , Sep 29, 2003
          Was in Vienna a couple of weeks ago not over impressed with the
          dealers below.
          However I did find a good second hand shop with a good range of z
          in .
          A lot of the items on sale where limted run items, I must admit I
          overspend my budget allowance.

          Details:
          Ingrids Second Hand
          Zieglegrasse 33
          1070 Wien.
          Tel 01/526 2629
          email ingrid.sh@...
          The shop is about 10 mins walk from the West Bahnof Station.
          Its in a street behind the Hotel Wimberger.
          There is also another secondhand shop just 5 mins away at the end of
          Seiden Grasse in a dead end called Ahomel can't remember the name
          but its in the right hand corner as you enter Ahomel. Not as good as
          Ingrids.

          Good Shopping

          RonP

          - In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Kari Sarmanne" <kaikari@l...> wrote:
          > Hi Bill,
          >
          > According to Marklin's Mini-Club News 02/2003 there are the
          following
          > Mini-Club Partners in Vienna:
          >
          > Leopold Bannert KG
          > Werdertorgasse 14
          > 1010 Wien
          >
          > Carl Hilpert KG
          > Schulerstrasse 1-3
          > 1010 Wien
          >
          > Tina's Modelleisenbahnen
          > Hischergasse 1
          > 1010 Wien
          >
          > Best wishes from Helsinki, Finland
          > Kari
          >

          > > And I am left to assume that there are no shops, or modelers, in
          > Vienna,
          > > Austria. Which is where I'm headed on October 10th. No one
          > responded to my
          > > question of where model shops are located that carry Z scale.
          > >
          > > Thanks,
          > > Bill K.
          > > Houston

        • ronparkuk
          Message 4 of 18 , Sep 29, 2003
            This list was published on the site some time ago.
            However I can vouch that most of the information is still current.
            On a recent trip to Berlin I found most of the shops on the list.
            http://www.armadillo.ch/Zscale/Zishop_e.htm

            Ron.P

            - In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Kari Sarmanne" <kaikari@l...> wrote:
            > Hi Bill,
            >
            > According to Marklin's Mini-Club News 02/2003 there are the
            following
            > Mini-Club Partners in Vienna:
            >
            > Leopold Bannert KG
            > Werdertorgasse 14
            > 1010 Wien
            >
            > Carl Hilpert KG
            > Schulerstrasse 1-3
            > 1010 Wien
            >
            > Tina's Modelleisenbahnen
            > Hischergasse 1
            > 1010 Wien
            >
            > Best wishes from Helsinki, Finland
            > Kari
            >

            > > And I am left to assume that there are no shops, or modelers, in
            > Vienna,
            > > Austria. Which is where I'm headed on October 10th. No one
            > responded to my
            > > question of where model shops are located that carry Z scale.
            > >
            > > Thanks,
            > > Bill K.
            > > Houston

          • Michael Hilliard
            Message 5 of 18 , Sep 29, 2003
              Here's a listing: New England Hobby Supply, (formerly, The Train Exchange) Hilliard St., Manchester, CT, USA, very good selection of Z, Marklin, MTL, etc, Michael

              ted_lamar@... wrote:

              To me - there is BIG, make that HUGE, difference in shops that have Z scale
              IN STOCK, as opposed to "able to get it". SO, I want to know about the
              ones that have stuff on SHELVES or in CASES!!!

              We are setting up a data base of shops where you can purchase Z scale model
              railroad equipment.

              "To do this, we require your help. Please let us know what kind of info
              you'd like to know about the shop(s),

              This is the preliminary stage. At a later date we will be asking you for
              the
              names of retailers to be placed into the data base.

              This is intended to be an international list, from A to Z.

              TIA

              Harvey

              Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

            • de Champeaux Dominique
              Message 6 of 18 , Sep 29, 2003
                Guys, I'm not sure to understand. About this topic, do
                you want us to create a new rubric in David's website
                Zscale? I think it should be the best, if David agrees
                to do this.
                All I can say is that here in Paris, France, there is
                a good retailer spetialized only in N and Z scales. Of
                course this store makes most of its business with N,
                but there is a good selection of Z items: Marklin
                starter sets, track and turnouts, Micro-Trains motive
                power and rolling stock, Peco flextrack, even
                sometimes Micronart kits and second hand AZL locos.
                Unfortunately they have no website, and I'm not sure
                they sell any items online. The name of this store is
                Transmondia, phone number (33)-1-42-81-22-89.
                Cheers
                Dominique

              • Elizabeth Hayes
                Message 7 of 18 , Sep 29, 2003
                  what kind of info? how about is it predominantly a Micro-Trains or a Markin
                  inventory shop? we can read in Z track to find out where all of the
                  American Z Lines dealers are

                  >From: Michael Hilliard <mchwilton@...>
                  >To: z_scale@yahoogroups.com
                  >Subject: Re: [z_scale] Listing of Z retailers
                  >Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 15:02:21 -0700 (PDT)
                  >
                  >Here's a listing: New England Hobby Supply, (formerly, The Train Exchange)
                  >Hilliard St., Manchester, CT, USA, very good selection of Z, Marklin, MTL,
                  >etc, Michael
                  >
                  >ted_lamar@... wrote:
                  >
                  >To me - there is BIG, make that HUGE, difference in shops that have Z scale
                  >IN STOCK, as opposed to "able to get it". SO, I want to know about the
                  >ones that have stuff on SHELVES or in CASES!!!

                  >We are setting up a data base of shops where you can purchase Z scale model
                  >railroad equipment.
                  >
                  >"To do this, we require your help. Please let us know what kind of info
                  >you'd like to know about the shop(s),
                  >
                  >This is the preliminary stage. At a later date we will be asking you for
                  >the
                  >names of retailers to be placed into the data base.
                  >
                  >This is intended to be an international list, from A to Z.
                  >
                  >TIA
                  >
                  >Harvey
                  >

                  >Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

                  Share your photos without swamping your Inbox. Get Hotmail Extra Storage
                • zbendtrack@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 18 , Sep 29, 2003
                    Ole:

                    > Hi Bill,
                    > I tried a couple of times to write you an ordinary e-mail, to your
                    > zbendtrack address, but got this message from the AOL postmaster.
                    > <snip>
                    > What kind of nonsense is this??? I'm using my usual e-mail client
                    > Most certainly this can't be considered bulkmail.

                    It appears this has nothing to do with you, but rather a Spam generator who
                    uses the same ISP as you do. I'll work on the problem from this end. Look for
                    [offline] emails headed your way.

                    Bill K.
                    Houston

                  • bill.foote
                    Message 9 of 18 , Sep 30, 2003
                      Be careful - the list of Berlin shops is _very_ old, and out of date - a
                      number of the shops listed have moved location (e.g. Turberg - all business
                      now at the LietzenburgerStra├če address) or long ago ceased trading
                      altogether (e.g. Wunderland)

                      > This list was published on the site some time ago.
                      > However I can vouch that most of the information is still current.
                      > On a recent trip to Berlin I found most of the shops on the list.
                      > http://www.armadillo.ch/Zscale/Zishop_e.htm
                    • Edward Scullin
                      Message 10 of 18 , Oct 5, 2003
                        Harvey
                        Since this will be an International data base, please inlude the
                        languages spoken/written/read. I realise that this will make most of
                        our US dealers seem like boobs with only one language.
                        Ed Scullin

                        http://shopping.yahoo.com