Re: Was BR89

  • Kari Sarmanne
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 29, 2003
      Hi Zol,

      The steam locomotive from the starter set #81562 is BR74 not 89.
      BR89 has no lights.
      A new 5-pole motor costs about 16 Euros in LokShop, Germany.
      Here you can find more information:

      http://www.miniclub.de/

      With the locomotives of the series 89, 24, 260, 74 Maerklin recommends
      the change of 5-pole motor to be accomplished exclusively by the
      Maerklin repair service department in Goeppingen.

      I had a green BR89 with burnt 3 -pole motor last year. I sent the
      loco to Maerklin and got it back with a new 5-pole motor at a very
      reasonable price.

      I have also bought a new 5-pole motor to BR 74 and it came with the
      frame.

      Best wishes from Helsinki, Finland
      Kari