Re: [z_scale] Huge (?) Faller Station

  • Reynard Wellman
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 30, 2000
      Hello Kevin James,
      Yes, I've seen that station and it does look big, however, I'm guessing
      that the dimensions are probably correct but that most model railroaders
      are not used to seeing such large structures in proportion with their small
      layouts. Major city railway stations are huge, they were designed to
      impress and to draw people to them.

      I am just about finished with designing a passenger station for both N and
      Z scale modelers. I call it the "Capitol City Passenger Station" although
      it is actually based on the International and Great Western Railroad
      station that was prominent here in Austin from about 1883 to 1911. It is
      not as large as the Faller Station, being only about 7.5" long x 2.0" wide
      in Z scale. It is all photo-etched brass and white metal castings.

      You can see a preview of it on our website at :
      http://www.micronart.com

      Regards,
      Reynard Wellman, DBA Micron Art