Re: [z_scale] Re: More good publicity for Z scale (in the U.K. this time)

  • Graham Jones
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2003
      Hi All

      Not quite right as to two club layouts, One was Pete McConnels Fantizie an end to end operated by members of Oxford MRC and the other one was my Hoen Noch Stiene a round and round watching the trains go by some as long as 32 beer van specials and it was a right pain all weekend but still it was fun

      Cheers

      Graham
      ZClub(GB)

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

    • bill.foote
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 2, 2003
        Sorry about that

        FWIIW, your layout did not give the impression of being a "right pain" when
        I saw it (several times) on Sunday, and the 32 Beer Van train was indeed a
        wonderful example of what can be achieved in a relatively small space, and a
        credit to the hauling capabilities of MiniClub locos

        (Before somebody shouts:- Yes, I am sure that an H0 Krok or 2-6-8-0 Borsig
        could also haul 32 H0 Beer Vans with ease, but the space needed for a layout
        that would allow this would be beyond that available to most modellers)

        I think that one of the reasons why Z gauge excels so well is that those who
        chose to run it realize that they have to be careful with their track laying
        and cannot take liberties, whereas modellers in larger scales, although
        understanding the need for careful tack laying, tend to "push their luck" at
        times, and appear to get away with it _most_ of the time

        Anyhow, thanks for providing a first class, and most enjoyable example, of Z
        modelling at its best

        Bill