Re: Foreign travel & Z scale

  • Jeremy Brandon
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 1, 2003
      --- Edward Scullin <sculline@y...> wrote:
      > We (my wife and I and some friends) will be spending a week in
      London
      > (Hotel Thistle by the Thames). I would like to bring back a couple
      > of Guagemasters track cleaners, and shop for Z scale. Any
      > suggestions are welcome. The trip is planned for next spring.

      Guess you mean the Thistle by Tower Bridge. Take a look at this
      website that lists model shops in London - I can see only one that
      mentions Z-scale:

      http://www.ukmodelshops.co.uk/counties/shops/lond.html

      I don't know Wheels of Steel, but it's near Bond Street Underground
      station - pop in while the girls are in Selfridges! Click on the post
      code to see a map.

      I would take Bill Foote's advice and shop by mail order or the
      Internet.

      Have a nice trip. Jeremy.
    • Jens Wimmel
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 1, 2003
        Hallo Fred

        Really, I don’t know, what is the problem!
        A few other Z-friends have the same problem, too.
        Perhaps it comes from the bluewin-server…
        The frame function of your browser should be activated.
        I’ve tested the site with netscape 7.0 and IE 6 - both works fine.
        Please try it once again!

        Greetings

        Jens

        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 1, 2003
          HI Ed

          There is also a shop in Faversham in Kent a little nearer to London also Hamleys in Regent Street keep a small stock of Z scale Not to sure if they stock Gaugemaster bits though will check it out next time I am in town.

          Cheers

          Graham
          ZClub(GB)
          We (my wife and I and some friends) will be spending a week in London
          (Hotel Thistle by the Thames). I would like to bring back a couple
          of Guagemasters track cleaners, and shop for Z scale. Any
          suggestions are welcome. The trip is planned for next spring.
          TIA
          Ed Scullin

          http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        • Svein-Martin Holt
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 1, 2003
            I had also similar problems some weeks ago, when I first tried to look
            at your page. Yesterday everything worked fine.
            May be you have use some special code in your pages??

            Hilsen/Regards,
            Svein-Martin Holt

            Name: Svein-Martin Holt E-mail: post@...
            Country: Norway Mobil: +47 91 76 76 48
            Internet: http://www.platelayer.com

            Dear Jenz- would love to see your photos, I get your home page and click
            on everything but can't seem to get the photos. What am I doing wrong?
            Thankz, Fred
            Today the grision siding page was been updated.
            Fanstastic AZL-locos are new in the 'Trains' area.
            On the 'layout' site there is a new photo of a long coal train.
            http://mypage.bluewin.ch/zettsiite/grisonsiding.html

            Enjoy it ;-)

            Geetings

            Jens

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            "Z" WARNING! HANDLE WITH CARE! Highly addictive in Small
            DoseZ!

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            "Z" WARNING! HANDLE WITH CARE! Highly addictive in Small
            DoseZ!

            "Z" WARNING! HANDLE WITH CARE! Highly addictive in Small
            DoseZ!

            Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
          • bill.foote
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 1, 2003
              "Wheels of Steel" is actually a stall in an antiques market (open Monday
              thru' Friday _only_), not a model shop in the usual sense (he does not deal
              in new goods)

              I have never seen any Z items there - his reference to Z along with other
              gauges merely forms part of a "I will stock anything" statement, so you
              could well be disappointed - frankly, I would not think it worth a visit
              unless, as Jeremy hints, the "better half" insists on a shopping spree along
              Oxford Street - definitely NOT worth a special trip

              Sorry to disappoint, but that is how it is

              Bill