Re: [z_scale] Foreign travel & Z scale

  • bill.foote
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 1, 2003
      Gaugemaster are at Ford (immediately adjacent to the railway station), near
      Arundel on the south coast, 1.5 to 2 hours by train from London, and also
      have a range of Miniclub items in stock (they are the U.K. agent for
      Märklin-Trix, Faller-Pola, Noch, and several other mainland Europe
      manufacturers)

      One of the few other retailers to have any worthwhile stocks of MiniClub is
      "Osborne's Model Shop" (Maurice Pearce) in Abingdon, near Oxford (and is
      significantly cheaper than Gaugemaster) - there are no train services to
      Abingdon, but it is easy to reach by road - use M4 west from London, then
      A34 north towards Oxford leaving at Marcham interchange turning east - Shop
      is about half a mile along that road on the left - watch carefully and turn
      left at the shop for (limited) car parking

      Having said that, if you intend to buy any significant quantity, mail order
      from Germany is still the best bet for MiniClub

      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 1, 2003
        --- Edward Scullin <sculline@y...> wrote:
        > We (my wife and I and some friends) will be spending a week in
        London
        > (Hotel Thistle by the Thames). I would like to bring back a couple
        > of Guagemasters track cleaners, and shop for Z scale. Any
        > suggestions are welcome. The trip is planned for next spring.

        Guess you mean the Thistle by Tower Bridge. Take a look at this
        website that lists model shops in London - I can see only one that
        mentions Z-scale:

        http://www.ukmodelshops.co.uk/counties/shops/lond.html

        I don't know Wheels of Steel, but it's near Bond Street Underground
        station - pop in while the girls are in Selfridges! Click on the post
        code to see a map.

        I would take Bill Foote's advice and shop by mail order or the
        Internet.

        Have a nice trip. Jeremy.
      • Jens Wimmel
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 1, 2003
          Hallo Fred

          Really, I don’t know, what is the problem!
          A few other Z-friends have the same problem, too.
          Perhaps it comes from the bluewin-server…
          The frame function of your browser should be activated.
          I’ve tested the site with netscape 7.0 and IE 6 - both works fine.
          Please try it once again!

          Greetings

          Jens

          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 1, 2003
            HI Ed

            There is also a shop in Faversham in Kent a little nearer to London also Hamleys in Regent Street keep a small stock of Z scale Not to sure if they stock Gaugemaster bits though will check it out next time I am in town.

            Cheers

            Graham
            ZClub(GB)
            We (my wife and I and some friends) will be spending a week in London
            (Hotel Thistle by the Thames). I would like to bring back a couple
            of Guagemasters track cleaners, and shop for Z scale. Any
            suggestions are welcome. The trip is planned for next spring.
            TIA
            Ed Scullin

            http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          • Svein-Martin Holt
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 1, 2003
              I had also similar problems some weeks ago, when I first tried to look
              at your page. Yesterday everything worked fine.
              May be you have use some special code in your pages??

              Hilsen/Regards,
              Svein-Martin Holt

              Name: Svein-Martin Holt E-mail: post@...
              Country: Norway Mobil: +47 91 76 76 48
              Internet: http://www.platelayer.com

              Dear Jenz- would love to see your photos, I get your home page and click
              on everything but can't seem to get the photos. What am I doing wrong?
              Thankz, Fred
              Today the grision siding page was been updated.
              Fanstastic AZL-locos are new in the 'Trains' area.
              On the 'layout' site there is a new photo of a long coal train.
              http://mypage.bluewin.ch/zettsiite/grisonsiding.html

              Enjoy it ;-)

              Geetings

              Jens

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              "Z" WARNING! HANDLE WITH CARE! Highly addictive in Small
              DoseZ!

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              "Z" WARNING! HANDLE WITH CARE! Highly addictive in Small
              DoseZ!

              "Z" WARNING! HANDLE WITH CARE! Highly addictive in Small
              DoseZ!

              Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
            • bill.foote
              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 1, 2003
                "Wheels of Steel" is actually a stall in an antiques market (open Monday
                thru' Friday _only_), not a model shop in the usual sense (he does not deal
                in new goods)

                I have never seen any Z items there - his reference to Z along with other
                gauges merely forms part of a "I will stock anything" statement, so you
                could well be disappointed - frankly, I would not think it worth a visit
                unless, as Jeremy hints, the "better half" insists on a shopping spree along
                Oxford Street - definitely NOT worth a special trip

                Sorry to disappoint, but that is how it is

                Bill