Re: update grison

  • jmac_han
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 1, 2003
      Hi Fred,

      I had the same problem finding the links but they are there. Click
      on the English flag to go to the language of your choice then look
      for the very faint script along the top edge of the screen. You'll
      see "trains" & "layout" etc. . Click on the word and you'll see a
      couple of Jens' photos.

      Cheers,
      Jeffrey

      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "frederick ladd"
      <zeagle99@m...> wrote:
      > Dear Jenz- would love to see your photos, I get your home
      page and click on everything but can't seem to get the photos.
      What am I doing wrong?
      > Thankz, Fred
    • Edward Scullin
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 1, 2003
        We (my wife and I and some friends) will be spending a week in London
        (Hotel Thistle by the Thames). I would like to bring back a couple
        of Guagemasters track cleaners, and shop for Z scale. Any
        suggestions are welcome. The trip is planned for next spring.
        TIA
        Ed Scullin

        http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
      • bill.foote
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 1, 2003
          Gaugemaster are at Ford (immediately adjacent to the railway station), near
          Arundel on the south coast, 1.5 to 2 hours by train from London, and also
          have a range of Miniclub items in stock (they are the U.K. agent for
          Märklin-Trix, Faller-Pola, Noch, and several other mainland Europe
          manufacturers)

          One of the few other retailers to have any worthwhile stocks of MiniClub is
          "Osborne's Model Shop" (Maurice Pearce) in Abingdon, near Oxford (and is
          significantly cheaper than Gaugemaster) - there are no train services to
          Abingdon, but it is easy to reach by road - use M4 west from London, then
          A34 north towards Oxford leaving at Marcham interchange turning east - Shop
          is about half a mile along that road on the left - watch carefully and turn
          left at the shop for (limited) car parking

          Having said that, if you intend to buy any significant quantity, mail order
          from Germany is still the best bet for MiniClub

          > We (my wife and I and some friends) will be spending a week in London
          > (Hotel Thistle by the Thames). I would like to bring back a couple
          > of Guagemasters track cleaners, and shop for Z scale. Any
          > suggestions are welcome.
        • Jeremy Brandon
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 1, 2003
            --- Edward Scullin <sculline@y...> wrote:
            > We (my wife and I and some friends) will be spending a week in
            London
            > (Hotel Thistle by the Thames). I would like to bring back a couple
            > of Guagemasters track cleaners, and shop for Z scale. Any
            > suggestions are welcome. The trip is planned for next spring.

            Guess you mean the Thistle by Tower Bridge. Take a look at this
            website that lists model shops in London - I can see only one that
            mentions Z-scale:

            http://www.ukmodelshops.co.uk/counties/shops/lond.html

            I don't know Wheels of Steel, but it's near Bond Street Underground
            station - pop in while the girls are in Selfridges! Click on the post
            code to see a map.

            I would take Bill Foote's advice and shop by mail order or the
            Internet.

            Have a nice trip. Jeremy.
          • Jens Wimmel
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 1, 2003
              Hallo Fred

              Really, I don’t know, what is the problem!
              A few other Z-friends have the same problem, too.
              Perhaps it comes from the bluewin-server…
              The frame function of your browser should be activated.
              I’ve tested the site with netscape 7.0 and IE 6 - both works fine.
              Please try it once again!

              Greetings

              Jens

              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 1, 2003
                HI Ed

                There is also a shop in Faversham in Kent a little nearer to London also Hamleys in Regent Street keep a small stock of Z scale Not to sure if they stock Gaugemaster bits though will check it out next time I am in town.

                Cheers

                Graham
                ZClub(GB)
                We (my wife and I and some friends) will be spending a week in London
                (Hotel Thistle by the Thames). I would like to bring back a couple
                of Guagemasters track cleaners, and shop for Z scale. Any
                suggestions are welcome. The trip is planned for next spring.
                TIA
                Ed Scullin

                http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com

                Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              • Svein-Martin Holt
                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 1, 2003
                  I had also similar problems some weeks ago, when I first tried to look
                  at your page. Yesterday everything worked fine.
                  May be you have use some special code in your pages??

                  Hilsen/Regards,
                  Svein-Martin Holt

                  Name: Svein-Martin Holt E-mail: post@...
                  Country: Norway Mobil: +47 91 76 76 48
                  Internet: http://www.platelayer.com

                  Dear Jenz- would love to see your photos, I get your home page and click
                  on everything but can't seem to get the photos. What am I doing wrong?
                  Thankz, Fred
                  Today the grision siding page was been updated.
                  Fanstastic AZL-locos are new in the 'Trains' area.
                  On the 'layout' site there is a new photo of a long coal train.
                  http://mypage.bluewin.ch/zettsiite/grisonsiding.html

                  Enjoy it ;-)

                  Geetings

                  Jens

                  Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                  "Z" WARNING! HANDLE WITH CARE! Highly addictive in Small
                  DoseZ!

                  Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                  "Z" WARNING! HANDLE WITH CARE! Highly addictive in Small
                  DoseZ!

                  "Z" WARNING! HANDLE WITH CARE! Highly addictive in Small
                  DoseZ!

                  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
                  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
                • bill.foote
                  Message 8 of 10 , Sep 1, 2003
                    "Wheels of Steel" is actually a stall in an antiques market (open Monday
                    thru' Friday _only_), not a model shop in the usual sense (he does not deal
                    in new goods)

                    I have never seen any Z items there - his reference to Z along with other
                    gauges merely forms part of a "I will stock anything" statement, so you
                    could well be disappointed - frankly, I would not think it worth a visit
                    unless, as Jeremy hints, the "better half" insists on a shopping spree along
                    Oxford Street - definitely NOT worth a special trip

                    Sorry to disappoint, but that is how it is

                    Bill