Re: [z_scale] update grison

  • frederick ladd
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 1, 2003
      Dear Jenz- would love to see your photos, I get your home page and click on everything but can't seem to get the photos. What am I doing wrong?
      Thankz, Fred
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 1, 2003
        Hi Fred,

        I had the same problem finding the links but they are there. Click
        on the English flag to go to the language of your choice then look
        for the very faint script along the top edge of the screen. You'll
        see "trains" & "layout" etc. . Click on the word and you'll see a
        couple of Jens' photos.

        Cheers,
        Jeffrey

        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "frederick ladd"
        <zeagle99@m...> wrote:
        > Dear Jenz- would love to see your photos, I get your home
        page and click on everything but can't seem to get the photos.
        What am I doing wrong?
        > Thankz, Fred
      • Edward Scullin
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 1, 2003
          We (my wife and I and some friends) will be spending a week in London
          (Hotel Thistle by the Thames). I would like to bring back a couple
          of Guagemasters track cleaners, and shop for Z scale. Any
          suggestions are welcome. The trip is planned for next spring.
          TIA
          Ed Scullin

          http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
        • bill.foote
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 1, 2003
            Gaugemaster are at Ford (immediately adjacent to the railway station), near
            Arundel on the south coast, 1.5 to 2 hours by train from London, and also
            have a range of Miniclub items in stock (they are the U.K. agent for
            Märklin-Trix, Faller-Pola, Noch, and several other mainland Europe
            manufacturers)

            One of the few other retailers to have any worthwhile stocks of MiniClub is
            "Osborne's Model Shop" (Maurice Pearce) in Abingdon, near Oxford (and is
            significantly cheaper than Gaugemaster) - there are no train services to
            Abingdon, but it is easy to reach by road - use M4 west from London, then
            A34 north towards Oxford leaving at Marcham interchange turning east - Shop
            is about half a mile along that road on the left - watch carefully and turn
            left at the shop for (limited) car parking

            Having said that, if you intend to buy any significant quantity, mail order
            from Germany is still the best bet for MiniClub

            > We (my wife and I and some friends) will be spending a week in London
            > (Hotel Thistle by the Thames). I would like to bring back a couple
            > of Guagemasters track cleaners, and shop for Z scale. Any
            > suggestions are welcome.
          • Jeremy Brandon
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 1, 2003
              --- Edward Scullin <sculline@y...> wrote:
              > We (my wife and I and some friends) will be spending a week in
              London
              > (Hotel Thistle by the Thames). I would like to bring back a couple
              > of Guagemasters track cleaners, and shop for Z scale. Any
              > suggestions are welcome. The trip is planned for next spring.

              Guess you mean the Thistle by Tower Bridge. Take a look at this
              website that lists model shops in London - I can see only one that
              mentions Z-scale:

              http://www.ukmodelshops.co.uk/counties/shops/lond.html

              I don't know Wheels of Steel, but it's near Bond Street Underground
              station - pop in while the girls are in Selfridges! Click on the post
              code to see a map.

              I would take Bill Foote's advice and shop by mail order or the
              Internet.

              Have a nice trip. Jeremy.
            • Jens Wimmel
              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 1, 2003
                Hallo Fred

                Really, I don’t know, what is the problem!
                A few other Z-friends have the same problem, too.
                Perhaps it comes from the bluewin-server…
                The frame function of your browser should be activated.
                I’ve tested the site with netscape 7.0 and IE 6 - both works fine.
                Please try it once again!

                Greetings

                Jens

                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 1, 2003
                  HI Ed

                  There is also a shop in Faversham in Kent a little nearer to London also Hamleys in Regent Street keep a small stock of Z scale Not to sure if they stock Gaugemaster bits though will check it out next time I am in town.

                  Cheers

                  Graham
                  ZClub(GB)

                  Message 8 of 10 , Sep 1, 2003
                    I had also similar problems some weeks ago, when I first tried to look
                    at your page. Yesterday everything worked fine.
                    May be you have use some special code in your pages??

                    Hilsen/Regards,
                    Svein-Martin Holt

                    Name: Svein-Martin Holt E-mail: post@...
                    Country: Norway Mobil: +47 91 76 76 48
                    Internet: http://www.platelayer.com

                    Dear Jenz- would love to see your photos, I get your home page and click
                    on everything but can't seem to get the photos. What am I doing wrong?
                    Thankz, Fred
                    Today the grision siding page was been updated.
                    Fanstastic AZL-locos are new in the 'Trains' area.
                    On the 'layout' site there is a new photo of a long coal train.
                    http://mypage.bluewin.ch/zettsiite/grisonsiding.html

                    Enjoy it ;-)

                    Geetings

                    Jens

                    Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                    "Z" WARNING! HANDLE WITH CARE! Highly addictive in Small
                    DoseZ!

                    Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                    "Z" WARNING! HANDLE WITH CARE! Highly addictive in Small
                    DoseZ!

                    "Z" WARNING! HANDLE WITH CARE! Highly addictive in Small
                    DoseZ!

                    Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
                    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
                  • bill.foote
                    Message 9 of 10 , Sep 1, 2003
                      "Wheels of Steel" is actually a stall in an antiques market (open Monday
                      thru' Friday _only_), not a model shop in the usual sense (he does not deal
                      in new goods)

                      I have never seen any Z items there - his reference to Z along with other
                      gauges merely forms part of a "I will stock anything" statement, so you
                      could well be disappointed - frankly, I would not think it worth a visit
                      unless, as Jeremy hints, the "better half" insists on a shopping spree along
                      Oxford Street - definitely NOT worth a special trip

                      Sorry to disappoint, but that is how it is

                      Bill