update grison

  • Jens Wimmel
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 1, 2003
      Dear Z-friends

      Today the grision siding page was been updated.
      Fanstastic AZL-locos are new in the 'Trains' area.
      On the 'layout' site there is a new photo of a long coal train.
      http://mypage.bluewin.ch/zettsiite/grisonsiding.html

      Enjoy it ;-)

      Geetings

      Jens
    • frederick ladd
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 1, 2003
        Dear Jenz- would love to see your photos, I get your home page and click on everything but can't seem to get the photos. What am I doing wrong?
        Thankz, Fred
        Today the grision siding page was been updated.
        Fanstastic AZL-locos are new in the 'Trains' area.
        On the 'layout' site there is a new photo of a long coal train.
        http://mypage.bluewin.ch/zettsiite/grisonsiding.html

        Enjoy it ;-)

        Geetings

        Jens

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • jmac_han
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 1, 2003
          Hi Fred,

          I had the same problem finding the links but they are there. Click
          on the English flag to go to the language of your choice then look
          for the very faint script along the top edge of the screen. You'll
          see "trains" & "layout" etc. . Click on the word and you'll see a
          couple of Jens' photos.

          Cheers,
          Jeffrey

          --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "frederick ladd"
          <zeagle99@m...> wrote:
          > Dear Jenz- would love to see your photos, I get your home
          page and click on everything but can't seem to get the photos.
          What am I doing wrong?
          > Thankz, Fred
        • Edward Scullin
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 1, 2003
            We (my wife and I and some friends) will be spending a week in London
            (Hotel Thistle by the Thames). I would like to bring back a couple
            of Guagemasters track cleaners, and shop for Z scale. Any
            suggestions are welcome. The trip is planned for next spring.
            TIA
            Ed Scullin

            http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
          • bill.foote
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 1, 2003
              Gaugemaster are at Ford (immediately adjacent to the railway station), near
              Arundel on the south coast, 1.5 to 2 hours by train from London, and also
              have a range of Miniclub items in stock (they are the U.K. agent for
              Märklin-Trix, Faller-Pola, Noch, and several other mainland Europe
              manufacturers)

              One of the few other retailers to have any worthwhile stocks of MiniClub is
              "Osborne's Model Shop" (Maurice Pearce) in Abingdon, near Oxford (and is
              significantly cheaper than Gaugemaster) - there are no train services to
              Abingdon, but it is easy to reach by road - use M4 west from London, then
              A34 north towards Oxford leaving at Marcham interchange turning east - Shop
              is about half a mile along that road on the left - watch carefully and turn
              left at the shop for (limited) car parking

              Having said that, if you intend to buy any significant quantity, mail order
              from Germany is still the best bet for MiniClub

              > We (my wife and I and some friends) will be spending a week in London
              > (Hotel Thistle by the Thames). I would like to bring back a couple
              > of Guagemasters track cleaners, and shop for Z scale. Any
              > suggestions are welcome.
            • Jeremy Brandon
              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 1, 2003
                --- Edward Scullin <sculline@y...> wrote:
                > We (my wife and I and some friends) will be spending a week in
                London
                > (Hotel Thistle by the Thames). I would like to bring back a couple
                > of Guagemasters track cleaners, and shop for Z scale. Any
                > suggestions are welcome. The trip is planned for next spring.

                Guess you mean the Thistle by Tower Bridge. Take a look at this
                website that lists model shops in London - I can see only one that
                mentions Z-scale:

                http://www.ukmodelshops.co.uk/counties/shops/lond.html

                I don't know Wheels of Steel, but it's near Bond Street Underground
                station - pop in while the girls are in Selfridges! Click on the post
                code to see a map.

                I would take Bill Foote's advice and shop by mail order or the
                Internet.

                Have a nice trip. Jeremy.
              • Jens Wimmel
                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 1, 2003
                  Hallo Fred

                  Really, I don’t know, what is the problem!
                  A few other Z-friends have the same problem, too.
                  Perhaps it comes from the bluewin-server…
                  The frame function of your browser should be activated.
                  I’ve tested the site with netscape 7.0 and IE 6 - both works fine.
                  Please try it once again!

                  Greetings

                  Jens

                  Message 8 of 10 , Sep 1, 2003
                    HI Ed

                    There is also a shop in Faversham in Kent a little nearer to London also Hamleys in Regent Street keep a small stock of Z scale Not to sure if they stock Gaugemaster bits though will check it out next time I am in town.

                    Cheers

                    Graham
                    ZClub(GB)

                    Message 9 of 10 , Sep 1, 2003
                      I had also similar problems some weeks ago, when I first tried to look
                      at your page. Yesterday everything worked fine.
                      May be you have use some special code in your pages??

                      Hilsen/Regards,
                      Svein-Martin Holt

                      Name: Svein-Martin Holt E-mail: post@...
                      Country: Norway Mobil: +47 91 76 76 48
                      Internet: http://www.platelayer.com

                      Dear Jenz- would love to see your photos, I get your home page and click
                      on everything but can't seem to get the photos. What am I doing wrong?
                      Thankz, Fred
                      Today the grision siding page was been updated.
                      Fanstastic AZL-locos are new in the 'Trains' area.
                      On the 'layout' site there is a new photo of a long coal train.
                      http://mypage.bluewin.ch/zettsiite/grisonsiding.html

                      Enjoy it ;-)

                      Geetings

                      Jens

                      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                      "Z" WARNING! HANDLE WITH CARE! Highly addictive in Small
                      DoseZ!

                      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                      "Z" WARNING! HANDLE WITH CARE! Highly addictive in Small
                      DoseZ!

                      "Z" WARNING! HANDLE WITH CARE! Highly addictive in Small
                      DoseZ!

                      Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
                      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
                    • bill.foote
                      Message 10 of 10 , Sep 1, 2003
                        "Wheels of Steel" is actually a stall in an antiques market (open Monday
                        thru' Friday _only_), not a model shop in the usual sense (he does not deal
                        in new goods)

                        I have never seen any Z items there - his reference to Z along with other
                        gauges merely forms part of a "I will stock anything" statement, so you
                        could well be disappointed - frankly, I would not think it worth a visit
                        unless, as Jeremy hints, the "better half" insists on a shopping spree along
                        Oxford Street - definitely NOT worth a special trip

                        Sorry to disappoint, but that is how it is

                        Bill