Used Z stores in Southern Germany

  • W. Hansen
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 11, 2003
      I am going to be in southern Germany in a couple weeks. Does anyone
      know of any used Z stores in ULM, Munich, Nurnberg, Augsburg,
      Regensburg or any of the small town in that general area? If so, can
      you please provide me with addresses and/or contact information?

      I hope to be able to get over to Stuttgart to visit ETS. Do they have a
      good used Z department?

      Also, in the back of Marklin catalogs there is listed various model
      railroad displays. Are any of these worth seeing? I am thinking of
      the one at Ruhpolding in Bavaria. Or, does anyone know of an
      outstanding Z layout in Bavaria that is open to the public?

      =====
      http://RoyaltyFreePhotos.com
      High Impact Professional EUROPEAN GLAMOUR PHOTOS
      Starting at $8.95 for web size images
      http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
    • bill.foote
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 12, 2003
        I would be rather wary of buying second-hand Z gauge - IMX many (most) s/h
        items are faulty or damaged in some way

        In my travels around Germany, I have never seen a shop with anything that
        could remotely be described as a "second hand Z department" - all I have
        ever seen is one or two Z items among the other s/h stock

        > I am going to be in southern Germany in a couple weeks. Does anyone
        > know of any used Z stores in ULM, Munich, Nurnberg, Augsburg,
        > Regensburg or any of the small town in that general area? If so, can
        > you please provide me with addresses and/or contact information?
        >
        > I hope to be able to get over to Stuttgart to visit ETS. Do they have a
        > good used Z department?
        >
        > Also, in the back of Marklin catalogs there is listed various model
        > railroad displays. Are any of these worth seeing? I am thinking of
        > the one at Ruhpolding in Bavaria. Or, does anyone know of an
        > outstanding Z layout in Bavaria that is open to the public?
        >
        > =====
        > http://RoyaltyFreePhotos.com
        > High Impact Professional EUROPEAN GLAMOUR PHOTOS
        > Starting at $8.95 for web size images
        > http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com

      • Jeremy Brandon
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 12, 2003
          --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "W. Hansen" <rfpexec@y...> wrote:
          > I am going to be in southern Germany in a couple weeks. Does anyone
          > know of any used Z stores in ULM, Munich, Nurnberg, Augsburg,
          > Regensburg or any of the small town in that general area?

          In Munich on 23 August there is a model rail market in Pschorrkeller,
          Theresienhöhe 7 (very convenient for visiting the canteens on the
          Oktoberfest site and testing the half-price beer and cheap food).
          Usually there are two or three Z-dealers present - enough to make a
          visit worthwhile.

          > Also, in the back of Marklin catalogs there is listed various model
          > railroad displays. Are any of these worth seeing? I am thinking of
          > the one at Ruhpolding in Bavaria.

          I think it's only HO. See:

          http://www.ruhpoldinger-modellbahnschau.de/

          Jeremy.
        • Beuttenmüller
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 12, 2003
            --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "W. Hansen" <rfpexec@y...> wrote:
            > I am going to be in southern Germany in a couple weeks. Does anyone
            > know of any used Z stores in ULM, Munich, Nurnberg, Augsburg,
            > Regensburg or any of the small town in that general area? If so, can
            > you please provide me with addresses and/or contact information?
            >
            > I hope to be able to get over to Stuttgart to visit ETS. Do they have a
            > good used Z department?

            Try in Ulm
            Modellbahn - 2. Hand
            J. Maier Herrenkellergasse 16 89073 Ulm Tel.: 0731 / 6026491 Fax: 0731
            / 619917 Email: info@....
            www.modellbahn-2hand.de/
            He had lots of Z (only second hand) when i visited 8 weeks ago
            Regards Gerhard