Re: [z_scale] More thoughts on Z-scale oil tanks

  • rpb@perigee.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 10, 2000
      Manfred:

      Don't try to make oil or gas storage tanks for your layout. Go to your
      neighborhood pharmacy and ask the pharmacist to save you some of the plastic
      desicant containers (the plastic containers containing activated charcoal,
      silica, etc. put in to aborb moisture) from
      the drug manufacturers original pill containers. They come in at least 6
      different sizes, diameters and heights ..depending on which drug company
      makes them. I'm a pharmacist and we call them "do not eats" .....because
      many of them say that on the outside. They are perfect Z scale cylinder
      tanks of different heights and diameters..
      Anyway, My layout has one of the best "Tank Farms" that you can imagine
      All you need do is ...ask for them!

      Rory Blake