Yahoo and intellectual property problems with Z_Scale@egroups.com

  • Jeffrey MacHan
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 8 5:39 PM
      Hi Bill,

      Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention. From what I understand
      from the following exerpt, Yahoo can use any image that members upload to
      egroups for the purpose of promoting egroups and Yahoo.

      As for limitations on publishing material that has been uploaded to egroups,
      the licence that a member has provided Yahoo ends at the moment that the
      material / photos are removed from Z_Scale on egroups.com.

      This issue is of interest to me since I have uploaded several reports and
      images to the list. From my perspective, I would not be inconvenienced if
      Yahoo were to put the licence agreement to use.

      Obviously, if I wanted to publish my images elsewhere, such as in Ztrack
      magazine or in a future book about the Val Ease Cental, i would remove the
      images from Z_Scale.

      I hope that I have understood the fine print correctly. Feel free to point
      out any misconceptions on my part or to share any other comments with us.

      Regards,

      Jeffrey MacHan