Re: [z_scale] I would...like...(positive spin version)

  • Robert Charles Axtell
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 6, 2000
      Ordinarily I am content to lurk, but, with the obvious exception of
      Ztrack Magazine (I only wish it was weekly) it is so rare to find
      information about Z scale products that I am happy to see new product
      announcements here.

      Best regards to all
      Bob Axtell

      >>> <bjkronen@...> 07/06 9:54 AM >>>
      Billy, and the list:

      > I for one like to hear
      > whats going on with the folks in the Z community. Keep up the good
      work.

      Well said.

      Although I live in a city of 5,000,000 folks, you can hug my local Z
      dealer's
      entire case of Z scale and touch your fingers around back. It
      currently
      contains about 3 Marklin and 3 MT locos and a few assorted MT cars.
      Almost
      zero scenery items.

      Not the best way to discover something even exists. And the scale
      will not
      grow unless there are things to buy.

      For the past few years, I've been in a mode of "if you discover it
      exists,
      buy it, bedarned the price - figure out how to work it into the
      layout
      later." While I enjoy scratch building in this scale, factory-made
      stuff is
      a real timesaver, even if you kit-bash it.

      The published rules of this list clearly allow announcements and
      manufacturer's questions about products.

      So please, keep those new product announcements coming (I'm an
      eternal
      optimist).

      Bill Kronenberger
      Houston

      Who invented Gatorade -- and what part did it play in
      winning the1967 Orange Bowl? Find out the true facts at
      http://click.egroups.com/1/6212/2/_/560875/_/962891685/

      Z: model railroading on a smaller scale.