Re: [z_scale] I would...like...(positive spin version)

  • bjkronen@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 6 6:54 AM
      Billy, and the list:

      > I for one like to hear
      > whats going on with the folks in the Z community. Keep up the good work.

      Well said.

      Although I live in a city of 5,000,000 folks, you can hug my local Z dealer's
      entire case of Z scale and touch your fingers around back. It currently
      contains about 3 Marklin and 3 MT locos and a few assorted MT cars. Almost
      zero scenery items.

      Not the best way to discover something even exists. And the scale will not
      grow unless there are things to buy.

      For the past few years, I've been in a mode of "if you discover it exists,
      buy it, bedarned the price - figure out how to work it into the layout
      later." While I enjoy scratch building in this scale, factory-made stuff is
      a real timesaver, even if you kit-bash it.

      The published rules of this list clearly allow announcements and
      manufacturer's questions about products.

      So please, keep those new product announcements coming (I'm an eternal
      optimist).

      Bill Kronenberger
      Houston
    • Robert Charles Axtell
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 6 10:15 AM
        Ordinarily I am content to lurk, but, with the obvious exception of
        Ztrack Magazine (I only wish it was weekly) it is so rare to find
        information about Z scale products that I am happy to see new product
        announcements here.

        Best regards to all
        Bob Axtell

        >>> <bjkronen@...> 07/06 9:54 AM >>>
        Billy, and the list:

        > I for one like to hear
        > whats going on with the folks in the Z community. Keep up the good
        work.

        Well said.

        Although I live in a city of 5,000,000 folks, you can hug my local Z
        dealer's
        entire case of Z scale and touch your fingers around back. It
        currently
        contains about 3 Marklin and 3 MT locos and a few assorted MT cars.
        Almost
        zero scenery items.

        Not the best way to discover something even exists. And the scale
        will not
        grow unless there are things to buy.

        For the past few years, I've been in a mode of "if you discover it
        exists,
        buy it, bedarned the price - figure out how to work it into the
        layout
        later." While I enjoy scratch building in this scale, factory-made
        stuff is
        a real timesaver, even if you kit-bash it.

        The published rules of this list clearly allow announcements and
        manufacturer's questions about products.

        So please, keep those new product announcements coming (I'm an
        eternal
        optimist).

        Bill Kronenberger
        Houston

        Who invented Gatorade -- and what part did it play in
        winning the1967 Orange Bowl? Find out the true facts at
        http://click.egroups.com/1/6212/2/_/560875/_/962891685/

        Z: model railroading on a smaller scale.