Moderator's Comments on postings to the group

  • Jeffrey MacHan
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 5, 2000
      Dear Z Friends,

      I see that the list had not been in hibernation after all! I was happy to
      see so much recent activity.

      Here is a friendly reminder to our membership that this list is NOT
      monitored, that is, I do not vet messages before they are published to the
      list. For this reason, I have tried to make the ground rules as clear as
      possible so that members can use their own best judgement when posting.

      Remember that the list is for the discussion of any topic related to Z. I
      admit that the word 'related' may be a little elastic at times, but this is
      a hobby after all. The list welcomes all points of view and we all enjoy a
      debate. However, we must all take pains to keep our commentary as
      impersonal as possible except when offering praise or congratulations. I
      would hope that members use the following test as a guide before posting a
      message in the heat of the moment...Ask yourself how you would react if you
      were to receive 'your' message from someone else?

      I've tried it and it has saved me from embarassment on a couple of
      occasions. (it doesn't always work but I keep trying!)

      Technical observation:

      Egroups allows members to subscribe and to unsubscribe from the member's log
      in page. Although the moderator has the power to ban a member, I have had
      no call to use such a draconian measure and I hope that such a situation
      will not be forthcoming. You have complete control over your subscription
      to Z_Scale@egroups.com

      I hope that these observations will help clarify some points.

      Best regards,

      Jeffrey MacHan
      Moderator