Re: [z_scale] z scale power supply

  • D. A. Karp
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2000
      All you should need is a 9V battery, a 40k potentiometer, and an on/off
      switch hooked up in series. That's it!

      At 12:02 AM 7/2/2000 +0000, you wrote:
      >Hi, everyone!
      >
      >I'd like to build a very small portable z scale layout that will run
      >on battery power. I'd greatly appreciate any help in finding an
      >online schematic for doing this, or any advice anyone on the list has
      >for this project.
      >
      >Thanks,
      >John

      >0% Introductory APR!
      >Instant Approval!
      >Aria Visa - get yours today.
      >
      >Z: model railroading on a smaller scale.

      =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
      D. A. Karp
      subscribe@...
      =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    • JohnKHudsn@AOL.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 1, 2000
        Thanks! The 40k potentiometer was what I was looking for. Do you have any
        idea how much current (amps) one of these little z scale locos draws?

        Thanks again,
        John
      • D. A. Karp
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 1, 2000
          If you look on the top of the Marklin power supply, it says it provides 0 -
          0.4 Amps. The actual current a locomotive will draw depends on its size,
          load, and how well lubricated it is.