RE: [z_scale] Kibri kit 6784

  • de Champeaux Dominique
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 8, 2003
      --- Greg McAndrews <mcandrew@...> a écrit : >
      John,

      > I would think that the "landscaping" can
      > "Americanize" European
      > houses.putting them on separate US-sized lots,
      > adding patios and decks,
      > garages etc. will make them fit in since so many Us
      > buildings, and
      > especially homes, use European examples. You may
      > also want to put
      > asphalt shingles on instead of the tile that comes
      > with the kits.
      >

      > Greg

      Guys, about this post I have a different feeling;
      because according to me there is more a difference
      between Eastern US and Western US than in US and
      Europe. Of course my knowledge of the USA is more
      concentrated on western US, California and Nevada, but
      I went sometimes in New York and New Jersey; and what
      is my feeling is that there are links between some
      industrial buildings in eastern US (NYK area, Chicago,
      etc...) and "British-Saxon" Europe (GB, Germany,
      northern Europe), but nothing between western US and
      Europe. So according to me the answer about structures
      is different if you are modelling Union Pacific or
      CSX/Conrail/NYC/B&O.
      Cheers
      Dominique

    • David George
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 8, 2003
        I agree w/ Dominique. That's why my Euro houses look OK in a New England, industrial area home, setting.

        David G.

        --- Greg McAndrews <mcandrew@...> a �crit : >

      • ted_lamar@peoplesoft.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 8, 2003
          >So according to me the answer about structures
          >is different if you are modelling Union Pacific or
          >CSX/Conrail/NYC/B&O.
          >Cheers
          >Dominique

          You are so absolutely correct!!!!