Re: [z_scale] Kibri kit 6784

  • David George
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 7, 2003
      I have some workers row houses near my New England Industrial area,a part of "Zeopolis".I don't remember the brand, but they are Euro products-brick and stucco homes. They look fine in USA.
      David G
      "G~B&CC RR"

      jwa172001 <john.adams7@...> wrote:
      Can anyone tell me if Kibri 6784 brick houses are suitable for an
      USA style scene. Has anyone else used European buildings to model USA
      style houses etc?

      Thanks

      john adams

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

    • Greg McAndrews
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 7, 2003
        John,

        I would think that the "landscaping" can "Americanize" European
        houses.putting them on separate US-sized lots, adding patios and decks,
        garages etc. will make them fit in since so many Us buildings, and
        especially homes, use European examples. You may also want to put
        asphalt shingles on instead of the tile that comes with the kits.

        Greg

        I have some workers row houses near my New England Industrial area,a
        part of "Zeopolis".I don't remember the brand, but they are Euro
        products-brick and stucco homes. They look fine in USA.
        David G
        "G~B&CC RR"

        jwa172001 <john.adams7@...> wrote:
        Can anyone tell me if Kibri 6784 brick houses are suitable for an
        USA style scene. Has anyone else used European buildings to model USA
        style houses etc?

        Thanks

        john adams

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

        "Z" WARNING! HANDLE WITH CARE! Highly addictive in Small
        DoseZ!

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=251812.3170658.4537139.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1706
        533816:HM/A=1652963/R=0/SIG=11tvulr8i/*http:/www.netflix.com/Default?mqs
        o=60178275&partid=3170658> click here

        <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=251812.3170658.4537139.1261774/D=egrou
        pmail/S=:HM/A=1652963/rand=962964894>

        "Z" WARNING! HANDLE WITH CARE! Highly addictive in Small
        DoseZ!

      • de Champeaux Dominique
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 8, 2003
          --- Greg McAndrews <mcandrew@...> a écrit : >
          John,

          > I would think that the "landscaping" can
          > "Americanize" European
          > houses.putting them on separate US-sized lots,
          > adding patios and decks,
          > garages etc. will make them fit in since so many Us
          > buildings, and
          > especially homes, use European examples. You may
          > also want to put
          > asphalt shingles on instead of the tile that comes
          > with the kits.
          >

          > Greg

          Guys, about this post I have a different feeling;
          because according to me there is more a difference
          between Eastern US and Western US than in US and
          Europe. Of course my knowledge of the USA is more
          concentrated on western US, California and Nevada, but
          I went sometimes in New York and New Jersey; and what
          is my feeling is that there are links between some
          industrial buildings in eastern US (NYK area, Chicago,
          etc...) and "British-Saxon" Europe (GB, Germany,
          northern Europe), but nothing between western US and
          Europe. So according to me the answer about structures
          is different if you are modelling Union Pacific or
          CSX/Conrail/NYC/B&O.
          Cheers
          Dominique

        • David George
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 8, 2003
            I agree w/ Dominique. That's why my Euro houses look OK in a New England, industrial area home, setting.

            David G.

            --- Greg McAndrews <mcandrew@...> a �crit : >

          • ted_lamar@peoplesoft.com
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 8, 2003
              >So according to me the answer about structures
              >is different if you are modelling Union Pacific or
              >CSX/Conrail/NYC/B&O.
              >Cheers
              >Dominique

              You are so absolutely correct!!!!