z scale power supply

  • John
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2000
      Hi, everyone!

      I'd like to build a very small portable z scale layout that will run
      on battery power. I'd greatly appreciate any help in finding an
      online schematic for doing this, or any advice anyone on the list has
      for this project.

      Thanks,
      John
    • D. A. Karp
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 1, 2000
        All you should need is a 9V battery, a 40k potentiometer, and an on/off
        switch hooked up in series. That's it!

        At 12:02 AM 7/2/2000 +0000, you wrote:
        >Hi, everyone!
        >
        >I'd like to build a very small portable z scale layout that will run
        >on battery power. I'd greatly appreciate any help in finding an
        >online schematic for doing this, or any advice anyone on the list has
        >for this project.
        >
        >Thanks,
        >John

        >0% Introductory APR!
        >Instant Approval!
        >Aria Visa - get yours today.
        >
        >Z: model railroading on a smaller scale.

        =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
        D. A. Karp
        subscribe@...
        =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
      • JohnKHudsn@AOL.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 1, 2000
          Thanks! The 40k potentiometer was what I was looking for. Do you have any
          idea how much current (amps) one of these little z scale locos draws?

          Thanks again,
          John
        • D. A. Karp
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 1, 2000
            If you look on the top of the Marklin power supply, it says it provides 0 -
            0.4 Amps. The actual current a locomotive will draw depends on its size,
            load, and how well lubricated it is.