Kibri kit 6784

  • jwa172001
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 3, 2003
      Can anyone tell me if Kibri 6784 brick houses are suitable for an
      USA style scene. Has anyone else used European buildings to model USA
      style houses etc?

      Thanks

      john adams
    • ted_lamar@peoplesoft.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 3, 2003
        Check out the brand new Model Railroader.

        There is a layout featured that is pretty fantastic. The author notes that
        one of the great things about it is the diversity in Architecture that was
        so prevalent when all the Europeans came here to live.....and build etc.

        Neat article. Granted these are more industrial and government
        buildings.....but might still apply.

        Personally I have deliberatley stayed away from the kits you
        mention.....but I am re-thinking it now.

        jwa172001
        <john.adams7@ntlw To: z_scale@yahoogroups.com
        orld.com> cc:
        Subject: [z_scale] Kibri kit 6784
        07/03/2003 02:58
        PM
        Please respond to
        z_scale

        Can anyone tell me if Kibri 6784 brick houses are suitable for an
        USA style scene. Has anyone else used European buildings to model USA
        style houses etc?

        Thanks

        john adams

      • David George
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 7, 2003
          I have some workers row houses near my New England Industrial area,a part of "Zeopolis".I don't remember the brand, but they are Euro products-brick and stucco homes. They look fine in USA.
          David G
          "G~B&CC RR"

          jwa172001 <john.adams7@...> wrote:
          Can anyone tell me if Kibri 6784 brick houses are suitable for an
          USA style scene. Has anyone else used European buildings to model USA
          style houses etc?

          Thanks

          john adams

          Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

        • Greg McAndrews
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 7, 2003
            John,

            I would think that the "landscaping" can "Americanize" European
            houses.putting them on separate US-sized lots, adding patios and decks,
            garages etc. will make them fit in since so many Us buildings, and
            especially homes, use European examples. You may also want to put
            asphalt shingles on instead of the tile that comes with the kits.

            Greg

            I have some workers row houses near my New England Industrial area,a
            part of "Zeopolis".I don't remember the brand, but they are Euro
            products-brick and stucco homes. They look fine in USA.
            David G
            "G~B&CC RR"

            jwa172001 <john.adams7@...> wrote:
            Can anyone tell me if Kibri 6784 brick houses are suitable for an
            USA style scene. Has anyone else used European buildings to model USA
            style houses etc?

            Thanks

            john adams

            Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

            "Z" WARNING! HANDLE WITH CARE! Highly addictive in Small
            DoseZ!

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=251812.3170658.4537139.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1706
            533816:HM/A=1652963/R=0/SIG=11tvulr8i/*http:/www.netflix.com/Default?mqs
            o=60178275&partid=3170658> click here

            <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=251812.3170658.4537139.1261774/D=egrou
            pmail/S=:HM/A=1652963/rand=962964894>

            "Z" WARNING! HANDLE WITH CARE! Highly addictive in Small
            DoseZ!

          • de Champeaux Dominique
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 8, 2003
              --- Greg McAndrews <mcandrew@...> a écrit : >
              John,

              > I would think that the "landscaping" can
              > "Americanize" European
              > houses.putting them on separate US-sized lots,
              > adding patios and decks,
              > garages etc. will make them fit in since so many Us
              > buildings, and
              > especially homes, use European examples. You may
              > also want to put
              > asphalt shingles on instead of the tile that comes
              > with the kits.
              >

              > Greg

              Guys, about this post I have a different feeling;
              because according to me there is more a difference
              between Eastern US and Western US than in US and
              Europe. Of course my knowledge of the USA is more
              concentrated on western US, California and Nevada, but
              I went sometimes in New York and New Jersey; and what
              is my feeling is that there are links between some
              industrial buildings in eastern US (NYK area, Chicago,
              etc...) and "British-Saxon" Europe (GB, Germany,
              northern Europe), but nothing between western US and
              Europe. So according to me the answer about structures
              is different if you are modelling Union Pacific or
              CSX/Conrail/NYC/B&O.
              Cheers
              Dominique

            • David George
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 8, 2003
                I agree w/ Dominique. That's why my Euro houses look OK in a New England, industrial area home, setting.

                David G.

                --- Greg McAndrews <mcandrew@...> a �crit : >

                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 8, 2003
                  >So according to me the answer about structures
                  >is different if you are modelling Union Pacific or
                  >CSX/Conrail/NYC/B&O.
                  >Cheers
                  >Dominique

                  You are so absolutely correct!!!!