Boxcar red

  • Vincent
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 27, 2003
      Well, thanks to Mr. Kutter, and especially to Mr. Bill K for the complete
      answer
      about the origin of boxcar red, I can now sleep better!

      If someone would include thsoe is some web page somewhere, so that next time
      an inquiring mind would put "origin of boxcar red" in Google, it wuld come
      up with
      this.

      As for the debate over the exact shade, I can presume that, this being made
      with
      readily available components, quality control would be low, and presence of
      contaminants
      for batches to batches, let alone from maker to maker, would be quite high,
      affecting color
      consistancy.

      CBVG