Re: [z_scale] Curves with Peco and LThek roadbed

  • Reynard Wellman
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 27, 2003
      Hello,

      The problem is in the alloy used to make Peco track.
      You will find that Micro-Trains Line flex track has
      much better qualities as for shaping your curves,
      not only that, it looks better. The MTL alloy has "memory",
      that is, if you bend it a certain direction it tends to stay
      curved, whereas the Peco track tend to whip back to
      a straight line unless you use nails to hold it in place.

      Reynard
      On Thursday, June 26, 2003, at 09:42 PM, Roger Shimada wrote:

      > Hi everyone,
      >
      > I'm working on a Noch Traunstein layout.  I decided to go with Peco
      > flex track and Lajos Thek's roadbed.
      >
      > I am having problems with curves.  The Peco track really seems to want
      > to stay straight, trying to take the shortest path between the ends.
      > (Quite a problem for the 90 degree turns and runs with curves at the
      > ends and a straight length in the middle.)  LThek roadbed has very
      > good adhesive, but is not strong enough to keep the Peco track curved.
      >
      > Any ideas would be appreciated!

      <image.tiff>