Trains are packed, sniff...

  • Jeffrey MacHan
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 23, 2000
      Well, gang, the trains have been packed into their little boxes and
      the little boxes have been packed into bigger boxes and the bigger
      boxex packed into...oh you get the idea...

      I have been trying to keep a separate case prepared with tools,
      supplies and reference materials to keep me busy during the next 15
      days while waiting for my furniture to arrive in Toronto. What am I
      thinking! Even when it gets there I'll have to unpack it all again!
      GROAN!

      I don't know if I'll have the courage to start unpacking. Maybe I'll
      just leave everything in their comfortable hiding places and take a
      break from trying to create the perfect atmosphere in the train room.

      For one thing, we won't have a storage locker at the apartment until
      September 1st so my train room will be filled wall to wall, floor to
      ceiling with boxes of stuff with "inestimable" sentimental value.

      There's no sense in trying to reestablish a working train room until
      after the September train meet in Detroit. If I can clear out a
      little section of floor, I will probably be attempting to solder
      rails to PCB ties! I do want to make an attempt at track laying and
      have my efforts judged before the Fall rush hits at work and I have
      hit the books hard for the last stretch of my MBA studies.

      Although I'm feeling discouraged because I'm flat out exhausted from
      preparing to move, I know that once we're out on the road, I'll
      settle down and start looking forward to the National Train Show and
      being reunited with my layout.

      Speaking of separation, it feels very strange not to have it here in
      the apartment. I don't even want to think about the shape it will be
      in after its return from San Jose by FedEx! At this juncture, if it
      is damaged in transit, I don't think I'd have the will to make
      repairs...probably just retire the layout and write country and
      western songs about my lost love and broken heart!

      I can tell you, dear friends, you don't want me writing country and
      western songs, no sir E! Dagnabbit, Ahs a feelin' one a comin' own
      naw...gotta git!