Re: [z_scale] fionding my tools etc.

  • Bill Hoshiko
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 20, 2000
      Ole,

      We are still here. Have a nice vacation and enjoy your family.

      When it gets hot again just go for a swim in your warm ocean. That will
      cool you off!

      I had to go back to work again. My friend, who operates a retail
      business, had to file his income tax return and needed help. Now I am
      teaching his daughter how to keep books. I am lucky, she is eager to
      learn and is very bright. I get paid for all this, but after taxes and
      the gas to drive to his office, I keep very, very little.

      For my 70th birthday I received some money. (What do you buy for a 70
      year old man?) Bought myself a MT Santa Fe red warbonnet. Maybe I'll
      buy a Santa Fe blue freight engine and I'll place an order for the new B
      unit. I prefer Southern Pacific but I already have the Black Widow.
      An SP Daylight Alco PA would be my No. 1 choice, but in that recent
      poll for new American Z locomotives, all the other's voted for hood
      units.

      So - at the summer home on the coast, sit in the sun, under the palm
      trees, watch all the pretty girls in their bathing suits, have some cool
      drinks and enjoy playing on the beach with your grandson and your
      family. Take lots of pictures and post them to your site. Specially
      your grandson.

      And when the weather here cools down to a cold 60F degrees we will think
      of you having a warm and relaxing time.

      Enjoy!

      Bill
      El Toro
    • Jeffrey MacHan
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 20, 2000
        Hi Ole,

        It's good to hear from you. I hope that you are recuperating well. I know
        what you mean about disappearing tools etc. I my case I usually plan to put
        everything in the same place, then distractions occur and I end up cursing
        the gremlins who have once again stolen my long nosed pliers or rasor saw or
        detail parts...

        Now that we are preparing to move next week, I have been discovering these
        long lost items behind book cases or desks, under rugs and in drawers with
        all sorts of interesting and long forgotten souvenirs.

        Of course, once we get to our new apartment, everything will be lost and it
        will take me 6 months to unpack and try and get my life back in some order!

        As part of my state of wishfull thinking, I am packing everything I need to
        hand lay my switches in one case to take with me on the trip to Toronto.
        But just wait, I'm sure to forget it and the movers will pack it up
        somewhere far far away!

        Take care and enjoy the family visits this summer.

        Best regards,
        Jeffrey