Re: [z_scale] HELP!

  • Jay & Anne Greer
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 9, 2000
      Hi BJ,
      Doug Moody, who is a member of the list, has a few z items for sale. You
      can contact him at DOUGMOODY@... He is a friend and I consider him to
      be very reliable and fair. What kind of music do you play on that there
      guitar?
      Jay Greer/Der Wegmann

      > From: playguitar4HIM@...
      > Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 14:49:57 -0400 (EDT)
      > To: z_scale@egroups.com
      > Subject: [z_scale] HELP!
      >
      > Hello,
      > I am new to the list. I want to try Z-Scale trains. I currently own
      > N-Scale, but do no have room for it in my small 2 bedroom apt. with 2
      > kids. I can not find anywhere locally that sell z-scale. Is there any
      > where on the net that you would recommend? Any help would be
      > appreciated.
      >
      > BJ in PA

      > Free @Backup service! Click here for your free trial of @Backup.
      > @Backup is the most convenient way to securely protect and access
      > your files online. Try it now and receive 300 MyPoints.
      >
      > Z: model railroading on a smaller scale.

    • Melissa Musante
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 6, 2003
        Hi,

        I'm working on an unfinished bldg. for my American Town layout and I'm
        building some stud walls from scratch. I'm using really tiny balsa
        (not quite to scale but really darn close) and zap a gap glue. My
        question is ... what doesn't gap a zap stick to? I'd like to lay these
        pieces down in a grid and glue the cross points but I don't want it to
        get stuck to the surface upon which I'm gluing.

        If anyone out there has a solution please let me know ASAP

        thanks,

        melissa

        btw, I know I'm crazy =)
      • John Duino
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 6, 2003
          The two best options I know of are waxed paper or glass. You can wax (or
          lightly oil) the glass to make it even less sticky.

          But the best bet is just don't use so much glue! ;-)

          > Hi,
          >
          > My
          > question is ... what doesn't gap a zap stick to? I'd like to lay these
          > pieces down in a grid and glue the cross points but I don't want it to
          > get stuck to the surface upon which I'm gluing.
          >
          > melissa
          >
          > btw, I know I'm crazy =)
        • Glen Chenier
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 6, 2003
            --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Melissa Musante <melissa@a...> wrote:
            > My
            > question is ... what doesn't gap a zap stick to? I'd like to lay
            these
            > pieces down in a grid and glue the cross points but I don't want it
            > get stuck to the surface upon which I'm gluing.

            First, what IS gap a zap glue?

            Long ago the kids and I built balsa model airplanes, laid them out
            and pinned on wax paper on top of the plan. White glue did not stick
            to the wax paper, the plan showed through the wax paper.

            maybe gapazap won't stick to wax paper? worth a try.
          • ted_lamar@peoplesoft.com
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 6, 2003
              >what doesn't gap a zap stick to?

              Glass... It might stick a tiny bit, but it will stick to your wood much
              better. Apply with a toothpick [not the applicator on the bottle] because
              it takes much less than you would imagine...

              Maybe wax paper too? but I've only used that with white glue.

            • Melissa Musante
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 6, 2003
                Thanks I'll try the glass

                > But the best bet is just don't use so much glue! ;-)

                Easier said than done when working with pieces .0208" x.0208"

                melissa

              • Thomas P. Scheuzger
                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 6, 2003
                  Try waxed paper over corrugated cardboard - you can use pins to hold your grid in place.

                  Tom