HELP!

  • playguitar4HIM@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 9, 2000
      Hello,
      I am new to the list. I want to try Z-Scale trains. I currently own
      N-Scale, but do no have room for it in my small 2 bedroom apt. with 2
      kids. I can not find anywhere locally that sell z-scale. Is there any
      where on the net that you would recommend? Any help would be
      appreciated.

      BJ in PA
    • Jay & Anne Greer
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 9, 2000
        Hi BJ,
        Doug Moody, who is a member of the list, has a few z items for sale. You
        can contact him at DOUGMOODY@... He is a friend and I consider him to
        be very reliable and fair. What kind of music do you play on that there
        guitar?
        Jay Greer/Der Wegmann

        > From: playguitar4HIM@...
        > Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 14:49:57 -0400 (EDT)
        > To: z_scale@egroups.com
        > Subject: [z_scale] HELP!
        >
        > Hello,
        > I am new to the list. I want to try Z-Scale trains. I currently own
        > N-Scale, but do no have room for it in my small 2 bedroom apt. with 2
        > kids. I can not find anywhere locally that sell z-scale. Is there any
        > where on the net that you would recommend? Any help would be
        > appreciated.
        >
        > BJ in PA

        > Free @Backup service! Click here for your free trial of @Backup.
        > @Backup is the most convenient way to securely protect and access
        > your files online. Try it now and receive 300 MyPoints.
        >
        > Z: model railroading on a smaller scale.

      • Melissa Musante
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 6, 2003
          Hi,

          I'm working on an unfinished bldg. for my American Town layout and I'm
          building some stud walls from scratch. I'm using really tiny balsa
          (not quite to scale but really darn close) and zap a gap glue. My
          question is ... what doesn't gap a zap stick to? I'd like to lay these
          pieces down in a grid and glue the cross points but I don't want it to
          get stuck to the surface upon which I'm gluing.

          If anyone out there has a solution please let me know ASAP

          thanks,

          melissa

          btw, I know I'm crazy =)
        • John Duino
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 6, 2003
            The two best options I know of are waxed paper or glass. You can wax (or
            lightly oil) the glass to make it even less sticky.

            But the best bet is just don't use so much glue! ;-)

            > Hi,
            >
            > My
            > question is ... what doesn't gap a zap stick to? I'd like to lay these
            > pieces down in a grid and glue the cross points but I don't want it to
            > get stuck to the surface upon which I'm gluing.
            >
            > melissa
            >
            > btw, I know I'm crazy =)
          • Glen Chenier
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 6, 2003
              --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Melissa Musante <melissa@a...> wrote:
              > My
              > question is ... what doesn't gap a zap stick to? I'd like to lay
              these
              > pieces down in a grid and glue the cross points but I don't want it
              > get stuck to the surface upon which I'm gluing.

              First, what IS gap a zap glue?

              Long ago the kids and I built balsa model airplanes, laid them out
              and pinned on wax paper on top of the plan. White glue did not stick
              to the wax paper, the plan showed through the wax paper.

              maybe gapazap won't stick to wax paper? worth a try.
            • ted_lamar@peoplesoft.com
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 6, 2003
                >what doesn't gap a zap stick to?

                Glass... It might stick a tiny bit, but it will stick to your wood much
                better. Apply with a toothpick [not the applicator on the bottle] because
                it takes much less than you would imagine...

                Maybe wax paper too? but I've only used that with white glue.

              • Melissa Musante
                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 6, 2003
                  Thanks I'll try the glass

                  > But the best bet is just don't use so much glue! ;-)

                  Easier said than done when working with pieces .0208" x.0208"

                  melissa

                • Thomas P. Scheuzger
                  Message 8 of 8 , Nov 6, 2003
                    Try waxed paper over corrugated cardboard - you can use pins to hold your grid in place.

                    Tom