June 1st For Sale: Noch Cortina layout

  • Scott A. Whitmire
    Message 1 of 1 , May 31, 2000
      My first layout is a Noch Cortina preformed layout. It comes mounted
      in a very well-done hardwood frame, and can be hung on the wall. It
      is fully senicked, with a mix of European and American buildings. The
      turnouts are all powered and are controlled from a portable console.
      I will include the console and my Marklin Z scale powerpack, but none
      of my rolling stock :-)

      The layout is about 30" x 40" and fits on a typical kitchen table. It
      has been modified slightly from the stock Cortina layout in that a
      yard and a switching area have been added to the front of the
      layout. The two loops are connected with a pair of crossovers that
      are coordinated (one button works them both).

      All of the track is included, and all but about 6" is ballasted. I've put
      many happy hours of Z-scaling on it, but with my N scale layout
      in the den, I don't have room for such a large Z scale layout. My ONLY
      reason for parting with it is lack of space (well, OK, I want to build
      a layout myself, and I bought this one).

      My initial asking price is $450, but make an offer, as I'm pretty
      flexible.

      Scott Whitmire
      whitmire@...