Re: [z_scale] Modeling possibility of GPs

  • Scott A. Whitmire
    Message 1 of 19 , May 31, 2000
      At 5/31/00 04:55 AM , you wrote:
      >Scott
      >You are right about the gear reduction on the MT F7. It has 2 sets of
      >reduction (I forgot about the one off of the motor). I don't use the
      >one off of the motor. My motor goes directly to the worm which turns
      >the final gears in the trucks. That is the reduction I use and its either
      >10:1 or maybe 12:1.
      >Thanks for the correction.
      >John

      Please don't consider that a correction. I was going from memory,
      and I had disassembled both the MT F7 and the Marklin F7. I do
      know the Marklin's are geared higher (17:1 total). The whole exercise
      was an attempt to figure out how they worked, and get some idea
      of how to design small mechanisms. This was all about a year ago,
      and I had to count the 12:1 reduction three times. I picked 12:1 because
      that was the answer I got two of the three times.

      Scott Whitmire
      whitmire@...