Rogue GP38-2

  • jbartolotto
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 5, 2003
      Does anyone out there have or know of anyone who has one or two Rogue
      GP38-2 for sale? I'll even purchase them if they are not
      operational. Have been searching ebay for years and have not seen
      them. Maybe I'm using the wrong search words. If anyone has any
      information on where I can get two of these please email me at my
      home email address: jbartolotto@...

      John
    • kurtulueck@aol.com
      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 5, 2003
        John,

        I think they are so rare, that the most owners want to keep them. I have
        heard about a total volume of about 200 or less units...

        Good luck!

        Kurt

        Visit the Redrock Railroad - last Update 6/4/2003
        http://hometown.aol.de/redrockrail/index.html

      • The Prez
        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 5, 2003
          John,

          your email address seems to have problems.

          They are really very rare on ebay but I suspect your search needs some tuning anyway because
          a 10 days long auction with some shells and 2 broken chassis lasted few days ago.
          Moreover a Rogue C44 has been listed just today, ebay links are not allowed here.

          Ciao,

          Alex

          ***********************************
          Although prepared for martyrdom, I preferred that it be postponed.
          ***********************************

          Does anyone out there have or know of anyone who has one or two Rogue
          GP38-2 for sale? I'll even purchase them if they are not
          operational. Have been searching ebay for years and have not seen
          them. Maybe I'm using the wrong search words. If anyone has any
          information on where I can get two of these please email me at my
          home email address: jbartolotto@...

          Sponsor:
          Vuoi vedere le luna e le stelle? Sul nostro sito troverai telescopi e binocoli amatoriali e professionali per scrutare i cieli estivi.
          Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=1447&d=5-6

        • jbartolotto
          Message 4 of 13 , Jun 5, 2003
            Alex,

            Thanks. I am an die hard eBayer, searching it twice a day. Don't
            need an eBay link just what search word(s) you're using. I've tried
            Marklin Z, Z scale, Z gauge, Z train, Rogue, Rogue Z, Z Rogue, GP38-2
            (a lot but none in Z scale), etc. I just tried it all again and came
            up empty, even tried Rogue C44. Help.

            John

            http://www.email.it/f

          • ted_lamar@peoplesoft.com
            Message 5 of 13 , Jun 5, 2003
              I found the old auction - the one with the shells and chassis...searching
              completed items for "rogue z"

              Have not found the new one.

              I think the best thing to do is scroll through the current items in Z sale>
              other manufacturers.

            • D. A. Karp
              Message 6 of 13 , Jun 5, 2003
                Hi John,

                This may save you some time:

                The GP38 auction (completed):
                http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3132031715

                The C44 auction (new):
                http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3134047385

                As for searching, remember that the more words you include in your
                searches, the fewer search results you'll get. Alex's GP38 auction, above,
                had the title "Z RARE !! Rogue BN, Conrail GP38 shells" For instance, if
                you searched for "Rogue" in the Z-scale category, you would've seen it, but
                you would've missed it if you searched for "Rogue Locomotive Works" or
                "Rogue Z-scale." Here's a search that might get you more results:

                Start by going to
                http://listings.ebay.com/aw/listings/list/category19116/index.html

                Then, paste this into the 'Basic Search' box:

                (rogue,rlw,"rogue locomotive works",americanz,"american z")

                including the parenthesis. Check both the 'only in Z Scale' and 'in titles
                & descriptions' boxes. Note that the C44 auction won't show up for a few
                hours, since it was just listed today.

                -David

                At 06:58 PM 6/5/2003 +0000, you wrote:
                >Alex,
                >
                >Thanks. I am an die hard eBayer, searching it twice a day. Don't
                >need an eBay link just what search word(s) you're using. I've tried
                >Marklin Z, Z scale, Z gauge, Z train, Rogue, Rogue Z, Z Rogue, GP38-2
                >(a lot but none in Z scale), etc. I just tried it all again and came
                >up empty, even tried Rogue C44. Help.
                >
                >John

                http://www.zscale.org/
              • jbartolotto
                Message 7 of 13 , Jun 5, 2003
                  David,

                  Thanks!!!! I always like learning new eBay search tricks. Still
                  will be looking for at least 2 Rogue GP38-2s! Alex's GP38 auction
                  would have fit my need perfectly!

                  John

                  --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "D. A. Karp" <z@c...> wrote:
                  > Hi John,
                  >
                  > This may save you some time:
                  >
                  > The GP38 auction (completed):
                  > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3132031715
                  >
                  > The C44 auction (new):
                  > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3134047385
                  >
                  > As for searching, remember that the more words you include in your
                  > searches, the fewer search results you'll get. Alex's GP38
                  auction, above,
                  > had the title "Z RARE !! Rogue BN, Conrail GP38 shells" For
                  instance, if
                  > you searched for "Rogue" in the Z-scale category, you would've seen
                  it, but
                  > you would've missed it if you searched for "Rogue Locomotive Works"
                  or
                  > "Rogue Z-scale." Here's a search that might get you more results:
                  >
                  > Start by going to
                  > http://listings.ebay.com/aw/listings/list/category19116/index.html
                  >
                  > Then, paste this into the 'Basic Search' box:
                  >
                  > (rogue,rlw,"rogue locomotive works",americanz,"american z")
                  >
                  > including the parenthesis. Check both the 'only in Z Scale'
                  and 'in titles
                  > & descriptions' boxes. Note that the C44 auction won't show up for
                  a few
                  > hours, since it was just listed today.
                  >
                  > -David
                  >

                  > At 06:58 PM 6/5/2003 +0000, you wrote:
                  > >Alex,
                  > >
                  > >Thanks. I am an die hard eBayer, searching it twice a day. Don't
                  > >need an eBay link just what search word(s) you're using. I've
                  tried
                  > >Marklin Z, Z scale, Z gauge, Z train, Rogue, Rogue Z, Z Rogue,
                  GP38-2
                  > >(a lot but none in Z scale), etc. I just tried it all again and
                  came
                  > >up empty, even tried Rogue C44. Help.
                  > >
                  > >John

                  > http://www.zscale.org/
                • jbartolotto
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jun 5, 2003
                    Ted,

                    Found them both using the info from David message.

                    John

                    --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, ted_lamar@p... wrote:

                    > I found the old auction - the one with the shells and
                    chassis...searching
                    > completed items for "rogue z"
                    >
                    > Have not found the new one.
                    >
                    > I think the best thing to do is scroll through the current items in
                    Z sale>
                    > other manufacturers.

                  • John Jabour
                    Message 9 of 13 , Jun 5, 2003
                      John
                      I have one but don't want to sell it because it was to hard to get.
                      I have seen them on Ebay (but not very often). The search
                      I use is "z scale gp38" without the quotes. You can also make that
                      a standing search for your id and anytime that comes up you will
                      get an email. On Ebay they seem to run about $600.
                      John

                      > Thanks. I am an die hard eBayer, searching it twice a day. Don't
                      > need an eBay link just what search word(s) you're using. I've tried
                      > Marklin Z, Z scale, Z gauge, Z train, Rogue, Rogue Z, Z Rogue, GP38-2
                      > (a lot but none in Z scale), etc. I just tried it all again and came
                      > up empty, even tried Rogue C44. Help.
                      >
                      > John
                      >
                      > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "The Prez" <alextrov@e...> wrote:
                      > > John,
                      > >
                      > > your email address seems to have problems.
                      > >
                      > > They are really very rare on ebay but I suspect your search needs
                      > some tuning anyway because
                      > > a 10 days long auction with some shells and 2 broken chassis lasted
                      > few days ago.
                      > > Moreover a Rogue C44 has been listed just today, ebay links are
                      > not allowed here.
                      > >
                      > > Ciao,
                      > >
                      > > Alex
                      > >
                      > > ***********************************
                      > > Although prepared for martyrdom, I preferred that it be postponed.
                      > > ***********************************

                    • Paul R. Matzke
                      Message 10 of 13 , Jun 5, 2003
                        John,

                        My dad has a Rogue GP38 Southern Pacific in mint condition that I will sell. Contact me directly using his email: pmatzke@...

                        Pat
                        Does anyone out there have or know of anyone who has one or two Rogue
                        GP38-2 for sale? I'll even purchase them if they are not
                        operational. Have been searching ebay for years and have not seen
                        them. Maybe I'm using the wrong search words. If anyone has any
                        information on where I can get two of these please email me at my
                        home email address: jbartolotto@...

                        John

                        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                      • conrailray
                        Message 11 of 13 , Jun 5, 2003
                          Someone take one of these things and make a mold of it, so we can
                          start casting it by the thousands :) Which brings me to a
                          question... I'm assuming we're getting many of the new items in
                          brass, because it is easier and cheaper to photo etch then to invest
                          in tooling, especially on this small of a scale. The newer liquid
                          plastic resins are very good, certainly strong enough for Z shells
                          and has very minimal shrikage. Why not build the prototype in
                          brass, then make a mold of it and start casting away?!?

                          Anyone know any custom Z builders for some locos?

                          -Ray

                          --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Paul R. Matzke" <pmatzke@c...>

                          will sell. Contact me directly using his email: pmatzke@c...

                          > Pat
                        • jbartolotto
                          Message 12 of 13 , Jun 5, 2003
                            Thank you to everyone! Call off the search - I found some GP38s
                            today and bought them! I've been in Z since 1999, but I've only been
                            a member of this group for 2 days and wow, what a help this group is.

                            John

                            --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, John Jabour <jjabour@o...> wrote:
                            > John
                            > I have one but don't want to sell it because it was to hard to get.
                            > I have seen them on Ebay (but not very often). The search
                            > I use is "z scale gp38" without the quotes. You can also make that
                            > a standing search for your id and anytime that comes up you will
                            > get an email. On Ebay they seem to run about $600.
                            > John

                            Small DoseZ!

                            > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
                            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                          • Lajos Thek
                            Message 13 of 13 , Jun 5, 2003
                              --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "conrailray" <conrailray@h...> wrote:
                              > The newer liquid
                              > plastic resins are very good, certainly strong enough for Z shells
                              > and has very minimal shrikage. Why not build the prototype in
                              > brass, then make a mold of it and start casting away?!?

                              Well, to make a nice, detailed brass model is not too easy. To cast
                              thin wall hollow bodies without warpage is not too easy either. Now,
                              you have to make sure the heat from the motor of the chassis will not
                              destroy your cast body. By the way, someone has to make the reliable
                              chassis too...
                              Lajos