Battery power for Märklin

  • Peter Verheyen
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2003
      Was installing an exhibit at the library I work in and was asked by a
      colleague about the chances of doing a show based on our holdings of
      railroad materials AND having a real train running in the case. The width
      of the case just begs Z and I could "borrow" my wife's if I'm REALLY nice.
      Problem is that there is no space for a real transformer in the drawer
      below the display surface, and no feasible way to run a cord into the
      display area. I remember Märklin making a battery powered transformer. That
      would be ideal. Anyone know if they are still available? The more important
      question would be life expectancy of the battery at moderate speed on level
      ground? What about wear and tear on the engine? I could see them running
      about 8hrs/day for about a month.

      Thanks, p.

      -|----|- Peter D. Verheyen
      -|----|- "Bekennender Spielbahner"