Re: [z_scale] Noch Sonnenalpe Layout

  • Charles Kuttner
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2003
      > From: gerrystanding@...
      > Subject: Re: Noch Sonnenalpe layout?
      >
      > Hi "people" I hope Im "not " breaking in to your
      > discussion; but Im
      > appreaciating this "ongoing discussion;"-- I ; kind
      > of; 'inherited" a
      > Sonnenalpe 87050
      > lay-out; so I was "forced into trying to make the
      > "best" of a bad situation;
      > regarding the "steep-degree rises" causing
      > "slippage& skidding" on both of my...

      Thanks much for your thoughts, Gerry and others. I am
      still giving this some thought. I have been in touch
      with the dealer, and it sounds as though the Tessin
      layout was designed to reduce some of the grade
      problems.

      See the picture at

      http://zscalehobo.com/website/noch/87080.html

      I am running short engine and cars and don't plan on
      long trains, but am still trying to decide between
      braving doing this myself vs. taking the apparently
      easier way...Tessin actually looks pretty good for
      what I'm looking for. But I really do value the
      continued discussion we're having here. What a great
      group! [Size matters (in inverse proportions,
      sometimes]

      chas