Toronto organizing committee working to reinstate train show

  • jmac_han
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2003
      Hi Gang,

      The hard working folks running Maple Leaf 2003, the NMRA
      National Convention being held in Toronto, are working furiously
      to salvage a train show as part of the convention schedule.

      The "new" train show is planned for Saturday and Sunday, July
      19-20, 2003 at the same location as the former NTS, the Toronto
      International Centre.

      I am very happy to see a replacement train show taking shape. I
      may have to rebook my motel room! More information will be
      posted as it becomes available.

      Cheers,
      Jeffrey MacHan
      Val Ease Central Railroad
    • gerrystanding@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 2, 2003
        Thanks "Jeffery" for posting that "updated info" on "Tor/Train/Show";; Not
        only the people of Toronto were "disappointed " in the "knee-jerk-reaction"; of
        the "sponsers"; and "some" of the "Z ers"; in countries; outside of
        "Canada"; but all of the 'Ontario-Z ers" who are "close to the "situation"-- and are
        going about "their-daily-business"; with no "fear";; were equally
        "disappointed";; and also "disgusted"; with some of the
        "off-hand"----"no-brainer-comments-"- made by "un-informed-people"-- Will you keep us "informed" on the
        situation;;re the "replacement show attempt ?? Un-fortunately-- due to daily
        commitments; Im only "a part-time "Z er; but I consider myself;a full-time "Zee---er"
        when it comes to this "forum" -- So --to the "members";; who are trying to
        keep ""the show on the road";; I might be able to "help-out";; at least in a
        small way; --so "contact me 'anytime" at gerrystanding@...--- Regards to
        "ALL" - Zee--ers gerryd

      • David George
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 2, 2003
          WHOOOOOA,

          I just got back from a nice GATS show in Dallas,,plugged in to this forum,,after backing my trailer over my lawn instead of down the drive-way,,and find out we have Troubles in Toronto NTS.
          I am heading to Toronto for a train show in July. Tell me where to go !

          Also ,,,I don't mix politics and Zscale. If I did, I'd be bent all out of shape,,,something like the track ends on my modules after too many shows.

          Cordially,
          David G.

          jmac_han <jmac_han@...> wrote:
          Hi Gang,

          The hard working folks running Maple Leaf 2003, the NMRA
          National Convention being held in Toronto, are working furiously
          to salvage a train show as part of the convention schedule.

          The "new" train show is planned for Saturday and Sunday, July
          19-20, 2003 at the same location as the former NTS, the Toronto
          International Centre.

          I am very happy to see a replacement train show taking shape. I
          may have to rebook my motel room! More information will be
          posted as it becomes available.

          Cheers,
          Jeffrey MacHan
          Val Ease Central Railroad