Do they make US style passenger cars in Z?

  • Robert
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2003
      I don't know enough about Marklin trains, however I seen on the back
      cover of Ztrack that there are some streamliner cars to be released
      this year. Are these cars US prototype?

      I have never seen one up close, but a previous post about "Some one
      is dumping IC passenger cars (8724-8728)on ebay" made me think I can
      look at those cars too if they are the same cars as in the US set
      that is to be released. If the TEE cars are as close to smoothside
      streamliners as it gets, I'll just pick the cheapest I can get to
      paint for a Northern Pacific North Coast Limited train that I want to
      do.

      Here's a little tidbit I heard from the National Convention Chairman
      at the PCR NMRA meet today:
      As you all know the National Train Show was cancelled because 75% of
      the exhibitors pulled out. Well, most of the exhibitors let the show
      keep their fees to offset the losses from the cancelation ($72,000 so
      far)

      Marklin however, was kind enough to also offer an additional $500 to
      help ease the losses suffered from the NTS cancellation. They are the
      only exhibitor to do this so far. Kudo's to Marklin!
    • Randy Smidt
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 2, 2003
        The Marklin streamlined passenger cars coming out this year are Santa Fe and Southern (both corrugated sides). Last year's Pennsylvania cars were smooth sided. Check with PennZee, they sell custom repainted USA passenger cars (not in their catalog), including the Great Northern that someone had previously asked about.