Re: Texas & Beyond RR on display this weekend

  • Adam
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 1, 2003
      Dieter,

      The clinic provies a brief overview of Z scale (Invented in Germany,
      been around for 30+ years, it's 1 to 220, as compared to this scale
      and that scale, blah blah blah...) and the Z mod standards that the
      modules are built to. Then I cover the modifications made for "Z
      Top", our pet name for the Z modules at tabletop height. Then I walk
      people around the layout and 'splain each module and it's qualities
      (curved skyboard here, scratch built stuff there...),

      It takes about 10 minutes to do, but is REAL easy when nobody shows
      up (as in today). But then again we're talking to people about the
      layout for most of the day anyway, so it's no big loss.

      Mesquite is east of Dallas. Six Flags Over Texas is in Arlington,
      which is about 20 miles west of downtown Dallas. :-)

      Adam
    • David George
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 2, 2003
        Hey Adam,

        Thanks for the complement.

        David G.

        "G~B&CC RR"

        Adam <the_saint_75240@...> wrote:

        I got to meet David George this evening. Nice fella. His layout is
        very impressive. For as nice as it is, though, I have to give MAJOR
        (not Captain, this is a step above) kudos to Tom Browning for his new
        module of Alpine, Texas (inside corner). It is fantastic!

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor