Re: [z_scale] Re: Very poor running.

  • Reynard Wellman
    Message 1 of 3 , May 31, 2003
      Hello ELF

      I found out a long time ago that Z track is real sensitive to
      the slightest incursions, misalignments, off cambers,
      "S" curves and white glue. Marklin track works excellent right out
      of the box because basically we haven't interfered with
      it much when we first play with it. Take a new track set,
      connect it together and everything will work fine but
      once you start pinning it down, adding ballast and
      warping it to fit your track plan things can get pretty bad.

      Keeping the track somewhat loose and coplanar helps
      tremendously and I now pin my track down on the outside
      of the ties.

      Edited For Length>