help first time

  • troy dawes
    Message 1 of 2 , May 31, 2003
      I am trying to set up a z-scale train board for my father as a
      > surprize. he had some before i was born but my older brothers took
      > care of them... no one know were the are now.
      > My father has always wanted a coffiee table set... a set in a
      table,
      > with a pull out draw with all the controls. i have mad models and
      am
      > very good with secery, but have never set any trains smaller than
      ho.
      > I have been trying to find books, but notheing...
      > I just need to know the bacis spacing, between tracks, the smallest
      > radius a turn can have, and the max slope for an incline.
      > I will be working with about a 2 ft x 4 or 5 ft base.
      >
      > any help would be very greatfull. i plan on taking lots of picture
      > during the prosses, i will gladly share them.
      >
      > Thank you
      tboy6988@...

      or
      troydawes@...

      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 2, 2003
        Search the archives on "Grade", "spacing", and "radius" and you will see
        ALOT!!!

        "troy dawes"
        <tboy6988@yahoo.c To: Z_Scale@yahoogroups.com
        om> cc:
        Subject: [z_scale] help first time
        05/31/2003 10:31
        AM
        Please respond to
        z_scale

        I am trying to set up a z-scale train board for my father as a
        > surprize. he had some before i was born but my older brothers took
        > care of them... no one know were the are now.
        > My father has always wanted a coffiee table set... a set in a
        table,
        > with a pull out draw with all the controls. i have mad models and
        am
        > very good with secery, but have never set any trains smaller than
        ho.
        > I have been trying to find books, but notheing...
        > I just need to know the bacis spacing, between tracks, the smallest
        > radius a turn can have, and the max slope for an incline.
        > I will be working with about a 2 ft x 4 or 5 ft base.
        >
        > any help would be very greatfull. i plan on taking lots of picture
        > during the prosses, i will gladly share them.
        >
        > Thank you
        tboy6988@...

        or
        troydawes@...